What Coffee Machine do you have in your van?

I love coffee... I love my yeti mug... I drink loads and loads... Seem to always have filled up! Website below quite interesting... Worth a look!

Cafetiere doesn't do it for me. Have a dolce gusto machine which had been used then went away for a while and is.back out. Found the Lidl pods good..strong Nescafé gold blend seems to hit spot now!

I agree, I love coffee. I know the YETI mugs are 'cool' but my Thermos version keeps the coffee hotter.

I've started buying decaf beans. I can't taste the difference and that calculator says I can drink over 300 cups a day - bonus.

I agree, I love coffee. I know the YETI mugs are 'cool' but my Thermos version keeps the coffee hotter.

I've started buying decaf beans. I can't taste the difference and that calculator says I can drink over 300 cups a day - bonus.
Prob right @Skyliner33 . I'd say the different styles of Yeti mugs have different capabilities of keeping warm. Prob to do with lid. I'd say left to right in terms of keeping hot! I drink the stuff cold so not particularly fussed. Mag slider in middle is good job. Hot shit on left useful as don't need to look for handle....1000019662.jpg

Not in as common use now I have 2 Aeropress but this hot mug is genius...

20240410_195940.JPG

Can you guess why before clicking?

20240410_195955.JPG
Because it's also a cafetiere!

Reactions: CAB

I reckon Yeti mugs are the VW Transporter of the thermal mug world. They may not be the best, but (most) everyone loves them. I really need an orange one

I reckon Yeti mugs are the VW Transporter of the thermal mug world. They may not be the best, but (most) everyone loves them. I really need an orange one
Prob good analogy! I'd rather splash out on at Yeti tho.... ;) or would I!

What brand are those cafetière mugs ?

Pete
One that's hard to find in the UK - found mine years ago in The House of Bruar after a friend used one on a sailing trip, they're really good and pretty bomb proof if someone else is making you coffee.

Edited to add: These seem to be the current equivalents but I would not recommend at that price

20240410_201627.JPG

Last edited:
They just aren't as good as a coffee machine though, I would rather have a cup of Yorkshire tea than a cafetiere coffee. No spitting bits out! One thing my Mrs would agree on, apart from the Yorkshire bit!

I find it depends on the coffee you put in.

Plus they work wherever you can get hot water and mean you don't need anything than the mug you were going to take anyway. Worked very well for motel camping.

They just aren't as good as a coffee machine though, I would rather have a cup of Yorkshire tea than a cafetiere coffee. No spitting bits out! One thing my Mrs would agree on, apart from the Yorkshire bit!
And I’d rather go thirsty than drink tea or cafetière dregs.

I do agree with @davecdjt about bad coffee, but it's far too messy and time consuming so I'll throw a bag in a mug any time.
However, tea bags never, under any circumstances, belong in a tea pot. If you're gonna do it properly you have to go loose leaf. I brought some ace tea back from Kenya, but it's gone now and I'm bereft.

After a not very thorough search, the most convincing decaffeinated tea (i.e. actually tastes like tea) I found is - don't laugh - PG Tips teabags
Our daughter is about to present us with our first grandchild, among the things she couldn't eat/drink (makes you wonder how the human race got this far), is more than 1 caffeinated drink per day. Consequently she has been on the decaff PG tips & swears she can't tell the difference, apart from the price.

It makes you wonder how any of us made it out of the '70s alive. :rolleyes:

Anyway, very exciting times for you and your family - hope all goes well. :thumbsup:

Back