Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Please don't go out on your own! Get some proper safety kit (mobile phone does not count) and try some local clubs and pick up some skills etc.
What boat you got then?
Second that on the safety advice, a hugely large amount of the calls for mountain rescue and I'm sure the coast guard are to scoop up the adventurers taking on the elements with a bit of kit and a smart phone. I used to be an outdoor instructor and it used to frustrate me seeing people taking on Snowdon in the rain with a throw away poncho, a bottle of water and some trainers.
Go as a 3 minimum, always tell someone where you are going, what you intend to do and when you expect to be back. Safety never takes a day off!!!
If you have the correct kit and some knowledge then you're ahead of most and I wish you many hours of fun.

Sound advice TBH - I HIGHLY recommend a mate's business Cornish Rock Tors based in Port Gaverne as a great starting point. They all know me :D

quick decision to go away for the weekend - basic camping on leisure battery for 3 days.
Great views across Rutland water - sunset and sunrise.
2 other T6 s alongside so all looking very smart together. Van envy from others!!
Back home to Lincoln today.

I am getting a Gemini sport kayak and been talking to the chaps at cornwall canoe and kayak, great bunch with lots of advice and knowledge. Thanks for the advice gents and fully intend not trying to cross the Atlantic as we will be taking our 5year old daughter with us, fully life vested up all 3 of us and intend to do estuary first by padstow and effectively close to the coastline but again thanks for the heads up and will check out polzeylads mates, hopefully drop his name and get a discount:cool:

Say Hi to Nick from us...

I sent him hello's from the T6 forum...
Nick is a really great guy. Spent about 3hrs there today doing full custom measurements and custom design details for my new carpets. Roll on Friday for when they should arrive.

quick decision to go away for the weekend - basic camping on leisure battery for 3 days.
Great views across Rutland water - sunset and sunrise.
2 other T6 s alongside so all looking very smart together. Van envy from others!!
Back home to Lincoln today.
I missed this when you posted it; which site did you use at Ruland (Rutland Water ticks our box for a relatively local out of season weekend getaway)

I missed this when you posted it; which site did you use at Ruland (Rutland Water ticks our box for a relatively local out of season weekend getaway)
Get to camp at Rutland a couple of times a year with various sailing races for the kids.

Get to camp at Rutland a couple of times a year with various sailing races for the kids.
Guessing that would be Edith Weston SC - not a year round site and facilities only open during Club hours??

We use the site near Manton Village - great pub in walking distance.
Site is called Lyndon Top.
Very basic £7 a night.
Portacabin loo for vans & tents with no on board toilets.
No showers so pack the wet wipes!!
Huge area so bags of room.
Overlooks Rutland Water and on the cycle/walking path around the reservoir.
(There is a CL site alongside is you want)
Great for last minute getaway

We use the site near Manton Village - great pub in walking distance.
Site is called Lyndon Top.
Very basic £7 a night.
Portacabin loo for vans & tents with no on board toilets.
No showers so pack the wet wipes!!
Huge area so bags of room.
Overlooks Rutland Water and on the cycle/walking path around the reservoir.
(There is a CL site alongside is you want)
Great for last minute getaway
Thanks - have heard of it but never stayed there - closest we have stayed recently is Wing Hall just down the road. Used to get over to Whitwell upto 5 times a week windsurfing but not for a lot of years.

Back