What Coffee Machine do you have in your van?

Drive Wayne

VIP Member
T6 Legend
With prompting by @Matt-T68 a new thread on van ownership essentials.

We have a 'cheap as chips' Bosch Tassimo which has the ability to please our family with varying beverages to suit the tribe when we venture out.

What should I really be looking at?!

20240304_192131.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Tea! An altogether more refined drink than that vulgar, upstart coffee. :p
I'm with you Bav. Cup of Yorkshire all day long but SWMBO needs that Caffeine kick-start so the OutIn it is. Have a couple of different Nespresso machines that are all singing but need EHU for those.

Not got the van coffee machine yet, but we use Lavazza machines at home, so will be likely to be one of those so we can use our subscription to get one again. £1 when you buy 10 lots of coffee. You can suspend a delivery until you are ready for the next sub.

Not got the van coffee machine yet, but we use Lavazza machines at home, so will be likely to be one of those so we can use our subscription to get one again. £1 when you buy 10 lots of coffee. You can suspend a delivery until you are ready for the next sub.
How much per pod does that work out at? We buy top quality Asda pods for work which are about 20p a pop...

I use a small Nespresso machine. It needs a pure sine wave inverter to work (the cheaper modified-sine-wave versions are not compatible) but it is great to be able to have a decent coffee whenever and wherever I may be in the van.

I use a small Nespresso machine. It needs a pure sine wave inverter to work (the cheaper modified-sine-wave versions are not compatible) but it is great to be able to have a decent coffee whenever and wherever I may be in the van.
Oh yes! A man after me owe nart!

Can I ask (for a friend ;)), if a coffee machine is rated at 1300W, does it draw a constant 1300W throughout the process or is this just the peak?

I had to check mine (1300 watts according to spec) with a voltage checker device, it hits a max of 1530 Watts and does make my 2000 watt pure sine wave invertor grumble for some reason. Works happily though.

Back