Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Audley End House, Saffron Walden but took the car instead today. As I was parking up a sweet 17 plate T6 Kombi rolls up behind us. No idea if it was someone from this forum. Just makes me wish I had LEDs. Beauty.

IMG_2832.JPG

IMG_2878.JPG

Last edited:
Spent last weekend playing on the lake at Heaver Castle and camping over, there where quite a few T6's there including a lovely Ocean.

Any of you lot Triathletes?

Just had 3 days at Upper Hurst Farm at Hulme End in the Peak District. Very good little campsite, not the cheapest but the facilities are some of the best we have come across - this was our second visit in the last year and wont be our last. We had the site to ourselves for the last 2 nights.

Weather was very soggy and windy but not an issue until we went for a nice long dog walk in the pouring rain yesterday. Josh (nearly 13) didn't want to come so we left him home alone in the van (wardens aware and asked to keep an eye on him) - when we came back he had somehow managed to "accidentally" kick one of the cupboard doors in such that it had got stuck inside the catch/stay (still not sure how he managed it!) and in trying to sort things out had made things worse, i.e. nice scratch on door, plastic cutlery tray smashed, etc.. We came back in our soaked clothes to find the lid to the cutlery tray removed so he could get to the other side of the door and push back through and a load of screws he'd taken out in a pile.

Everything reassembled and, aside from the broken cutlery try which is now held together with duct tape and will be replaced, and the scratched door which doesn't look that bad after a bit of work (coloured in with a sharpie marker and a bit of polish), all now OK.

Josh is currently grounded without his phone, has paid me the circa £50 he had in his bank account, and is fearful that I may be charging him the unknown £100s pounds it is going to cost to repair. In reality, aside from buying a replacement cutlery tray and straighten the long hinge on it's lid out a bit more, I wont bother doing anything else with it but Josh doesn't need to know that yet and can sweat a while longer before I give him his £50 back!! :)

@BiTurbo - tell O this is why Josh may not be in such regular contact for a few days lol

Just had 3 days at Upper Hurst Farm at Hulme End in the Peak District. Very good little campsite, not the cheapest but the facilities are some of the best we have come across - this was our second visit in the last year and wont be our last. We had the site to ourselves for the last 2 nights.

Weather was very soggy and windy but not an issue until we went for a nice long dog walk in the pouring rain yesterday. Josh (nearly 13) didn't want to come so we left him home alone in the van (wardens aware and asked to keep an eye on him) - when we came back he had somehow managed to "accidentally" kick one of the cupboard doors in such that it had got stuck inside the catch/stay (still not sure how he managed it!) and in trying to sort things out had made things worse, i.e. nice scratch on door, plastic cutlery tray smashed, etc.. We came back in our soaked clothes to find the lid to the cutlery tray removed so he could get to the other side of the door and push back through and a load of screws he'd taken out in a pile.

Everything reassembled and, aside from the broken cutlery try which is now held together with duct tape and will be replaced, and the scratched door which doesn't look that bad after a bit of work (coloured in with a sharpie marker and a bit of polish), all now OK.

Josh is currently grounded without his phone, has paid me the circa £50 he had in his bank account, and is fearful that I may be charging him the unknown £100s pounds it is going to cost to repair. In reality, aside from buying a replacement cutlery tray and straighten the long hinge on it's lid out a bit more, I wont bother doing anything else with it but Josh doesn't need to know that yet and can sweat a while longer before I give him his £50 back!! :)

@BiTurbo - tell O this is why Josh may not be in such regular contact for a few days lol

Oh dear Dave... have you thrashed him.... lol

Back