What Coffee Machine do you have in your van?

One of my main joys in life has been coffee. Over the years I have had many different coffee making devices. I no longer buy expensive machines as I live in a very hard water area and after 2 years, even with regular maintenance and descaling, they stop working.
I have changed tact slightly in that now I am more into nice coffee, than the machine.
I prefer roasted beans from local businesses.
In the van I have repurposed my 'work' double walled John Lewis stainless steel cafetière.

It makes you wonder how any of us made it out of the '70s alive. :rolleyes:
:-D
It is weird that everyone under 40 is allergic to everything. We used to eat dirt and other street detritus. Helps with allergies!

And you can deffo tell the difference between tea and decaffeinated leafy stuff that's flavoured to be like tea. Badly.

:-D
It is weird that everyone under 40 is allergic to everything. We used to eat dirt and other street detritus. Helps with allergies!
Aye, and going out to play on a weekend from breakfast 'til supper, with the likes of Hindley, Brady, Savile and Harris all on the prowl, facilitated by the PIE - what could possible have gone wrong? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One of my main joys in life has been coffee. Over the years I have had many different coffee making devices. I no longer buy expensive machines as I live in a very hard water area and after 2 years, even with regular maintenance and descaling, they stop working.
I have changed tact slightly in that now I am more into nice coffee, than the machine.
In the van I have repurposed my 'work' double walled John Lewis stainless steel cafetière.
Hard water must be a pain in the proverbial.

The water where I am is the complete opposite. My last kettle lasted about 10 years and I only got rid as the plastic bits were looking a bit worn. Inside looked as clean snd shiny as the day it was bought. I never descale my coffee machine, and don't have any problems.

Reactions: Bav
Hard water must be a pain in the proverbial.

The water where I am is the complete opposite. My last kettle lasted about 10 years and I only got rid as the plastic bits were looking a bit worn. Inside looked as clean snd shiny as the day it was bought. I never descale my coffee machine, and don't have any problems.
Ditto.
I believe Calderdale used to have the softest water in the UK - zero limescale, but not so good for heart health, apparently.

After a brief affair with a Nespresso machine and an EcoFlow Delta, I've gone back to basics with a JetBoil and a stainless steel Caffatiar.

Although the Nespresso undoubtedly delivered a decent coffee, heaving the parafinalia into and out of the van just stopped being worth it after a while.

I actually quite enjoy being a bit more back to basics when out and about and leaving the coffee robots in the house :p

Test run of the new coffee set up for the van. Sledgehammer to crack a nut? But indeed it cracked nicely and the coffee was good!

DC House 200ah lithium and Renogy 2000w inverter.

Using the coulomb meter I measured 107 amps peak and 1.3kW for the Nespresso.

Next steps… get a bunch of terminals and fuses and mount it all in the van along with a DC charger.

exported_5EE22A76-ABF2-4103-9F66-CC50728B44CD.jpeg

exported_646D18CE-DF36-4DFE-87D8-EE4DB3426D68.jpeg

Is that the Conran one they used to do?

It is quite stocky and not on the website anymore so possibly. It is quite old now.
But very strong. I can't see any model or numbers so it is possibly just John Lewis AnyDay range.
tempImageHDQ3Fg.jpg

Last edited:
Back