Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

You can use soapy water on a washed window, and lube with soapy water as well, just make sure the clay is clean.. This applies inside and out..

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Bodmin then to rock to see potential points to get my soon to be acquired kayak in the water and then home for a good clean, can't believe just how many chips are on the front of the van so gave it a little Tcut to make myself feel better:(

It is a bit busy polzeylad but no where near as busy as the M6 where we used to live before we moved down to Wadebridge 3 weeks ago. Been to the classic car event this morning at the show ground,total washout so gave up, I was hoping you would reply, being a local and a coastguard, where are the best places to launch a kayak for a complete novice?:oops: So I don't look a complete jerk and also need rescuing by you

Haha! Welcome! My sister and folks live there. Do swing by any time.
So launching spots; Porthilly near Rock, Portquin is excellent near Polzeath, Port Gaverne is also good.

Thanks polzeylad, I did drive onto the beach car park at polzeath about 2 weeks ago and was looking out for your van, not sure you would speak to me though being as my van is lowered, got 20 inch wheels and a sportline front spoiler:whistle: ha ha, will keep my eyes open, I agree with what you say about wanting more speed,less drag etc, it's a van....and I enjoy mine cruising, if I want speed I take the mk1 out:devil:

< yes golf, this one, can't quite walk to the beach in Wadebridge but can walk the kayak to the river and paddle to it:)

That's very kind of you Thanks!!
For washing I just use Simoniz foaming wash with carnuba wax (from Costco to my shame) which I apply with the pressure washer lance, and I use Autoglym Super resin polish! It seems to do the trick!!! I'm desperate to try a clay bar kit!! :thumbsup:
Clay bar by Maguires is awesome!

Today the van has been ... nowhere. It's still in the garage since last Friday!

Took it in for a service & to get the DPF light sorted (a recall point apparently) and they spotted an issue with the CV boot. They didn't spot that the vehicle was under warranty, though, so they were waiting for me to say I'd pay for it & thus didn't get straight on to fixing it...

It ended up being Saturday that they admitted they were having issues with replacing the damaged item, and it seems that they knackered the drive shaft in the process! So now waiting for that to be sorted too (not under warranty, but I'm not having to pay for it)

Hopefully it comes back tomorrow...

It is a bit busy polzeylad but no where near as busy as the M6 where we used to live before we moved down to Wadebridge 3 weeks ago. Been to the classic car event this morning at the show ground,total washout so gave up, I was hoping you would reply, being a local and a coastguard, where are the best places to launch a kayak for a complete novice?:oops: So I don't look a complete jerk and also need rescuing by you

Please don't go out on your own! Get some proper safety kit (mobile phone does not count) and try some local clubs and pick up some skills etc.
What boat you got then?

Back