Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Just returned from a fantastic weekend at the Chilli Farm Festival, a country fair mixed with a few Volkswagens. One of the lads we were with has built his kids a Beetle based on his Nan's old mobility scooter! It took Best In Show in the novelty car in the Show and Shine. Between that and my van we certainly turned a lot of heads!

View attachment 369
Hi ! Would you mind me asking where you got that lovely screen cover from? :thumbsup:

To the dealers today for a software update, replacement bumper protector (mine looked CACK after a year), new rubber foot mat (mine split in half) and new rear seat trim - all replaced fine. A near hiccup when they'd "forgotten" to book me a courtesy vehicle and suggested daft things but the look of thunder from me seemed to magic one out of thin air - a caddy with the same weird "sloshing" noise from the rear that the last one I drove had. Very snatchy brakes and light clutch - took some adjusting to.

I'm g0ing to "seal" the new bumper protector with CarPro PERL once it dries out - recommended by my detailer.

Had a weekend away on the banks of the Thames at Henley.

I've got a bit of a makeshift porch / canopy prototype, of to see a fried who is a sailmaker this week who's going to make me a proper fitting pucker one.

2017-07-08 18.10.08.jpg 2017-07-08 18.26.50 HDR.jpg

That's very kind of you Thanks!!
For washing I just use Simoniz foaming wash with carnuba wax (from Costco to my shame) which I apply with the pressure washer lance, and I use Autoglym Super resin polish! It seems to do the trick!!! I'm desperate to try a clay bar kit!! :thumbsup:

You will be amazed at the amount of crud that comes off a clean motor.. I know I was, you won't regret the time or effort, nor even the cost!

You will be amazed at the amount of crud that comes off a clean motor.. I know I was, you won't regret the time or effort, nor even the cost!

I've heard exactly that! I really am goin to have to bite the bullet! I've been looking at the meguiars kits but I've no idea which to get really! Out of interest, which did you use? If you've already posted about your experience, then I do apologise! :D

I've heard exactly that! I really am goin to have to bite the bullet! I've been looking at the meguiars kits but I've no idea which to get really! Out of interest, which did you use? If you've already posted about your experience, then I do apologise! :D

Halfords, Maguires claybar kit think its £30 for the one with 2 claybars in a box (worth the extra tbh), large cloth and bottle of rapid detailer as lube..

Cut off a chunk of bar having washed van, spread it out, mist area you are working, not whole panel, just enough to glide bar, do panel and polish off excess lube. When done give the van a good waxing and use detail spay to keep topped up..

Last edited:
:whistle::whistle::whistle:
Halfords, Maguires claybar kit think its £30 for the one with 2 claybars in a box (worth the extra tbh), large cloth and bottle of rapid detailer as lube..

Cut off a chunk of bar having washed van, spread it out, mist area you are working, not whole panel, just enough to glide bar, do panel and polish off excess lube. When done golive van a good waxing and use detail spay to keep topped up..

Mega!! Thanks @T6 Dave!
I'll go and get one in the morning! I'll post the results, unless of course I completely balls it up, then you'll never hear from me again!! :whistle:

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Mega!! Thanks @T6 Dave!
I'll go and get one in the morning! I'll post the results, unless of course I completely balls it up, then you'll never hear from me again!! :whistle:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: you'll be fine... :thumbsup: its very rewarding ... And you have enough to do the roof as well, with a bar spare and some spray left..:thumbsup: oh and a good cloth.. Rinse it out in plain warm water, no detergent.. :whistle:

Back