Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Well we're in Ferndown and had an abortive visit to Christchurch with a tour of the 6 available carparks rammed and us slinking back with our tails between our legs, the place was absolutely rammed... on the plus side loads of waving to the other vans who couldn't find a parking space!

1st road trip to Spain in Beryl, she’s done us proud. Didn’t miss a beat and a genuine pleasure to drive and workhorse for carting all of our gear about including a 3.0m boat and outboard.

Only had to put the surfboard on the roof everything else was swallowed up in the back - did remove the the 2 singles and table tho. I’ve told she who must be obeyed they’re not going back in and bugger the school run favours!

Got back to base camp tonight in Christchurch - I’ve never seen so much leaving traffic, must of been frustrating for those trying to get parked up - might start air bnb-ing my drive if we get another hot one!

45285BEF-C9CF-4ECD-B3D4-F5FAD28C7FDB.jpeg

Last BH weekend away with the MCC club at Hereford Rowing Club. Smashing site with great access to the river and only 10min walk into the city centre. Was the odd one out in the middle of coach built motor homes but pretty much everyone was retired with no kids so nice a peaceful with no hassle. Nice group of folks and only £9 a night!

In Normandy, visiting Arromanche, Omaha, Juno, and Gold beaches. Paying respects to those that helped keep our freedom. And for family members who did their 'bit'.

I have my 93 year old mother in law with us who was a RAF WT operator during the invasion so she has literally 'done her bit'. All very moving.

Despite the wheel chair we have managed to get most places including into one of the bunkers at the Longues-sur-Mer Battery.

upload_2019-8-28_11-8-46.png

In Normandy, visiting Arromanche, Omaha, Juno, and Gold beaches. Paying respects to those that helped keep our freedom. And for family members who did their 'bit'.

I have my 93 year old mother in law with us who was a RAF WT operator during the invasion so she has literally 'done her bit'. All very moving.

Despite the wheel chair we have managed to get most places including into one of the bunkers at the Longues-sur-Mer Battery.

View attachment 49710
Did you go in the 360 cinema?

Back