The wagons are doing 50mph on A roads so on my commute you're limited by them anyhow.

Everyone is in a such a rush these days
Thing is.... If they stuck to restricted / permitted speed of 40mph we'd be in even less of a rush!

So on our tortuous 120 mile drive down to Devon for the bank holiday weekend, our 150 DSG camper conversion managed 35.8mpg. Getting better at almost 6k miles in.

Soooo....

My 2018 150 CXHA DSG, has always struggled to get 30MPG usually 360-400 miles to a tank over the last 40,000 miles.

Its just had 4x new injectors (The latest revised part number) its now showing a range of 600 miles, and today I averaged 44mpg over 200 miles of mixed driving, Apparently the newer injectors are more efficient!

I always thought it was utter rubbish on fuel!

2.0 Tsi here,150. After about 5 tests from full to empty ish (400-430ish miles), each time has returned bang on 26 mpg. This is local stuff. When I picked it up from Gloucestershire I think it was around the 40 mark on the run back home (steady 65 for about 150 miles). Thinking of a remap in spring but don’t know what f that will drop the mpg, which I’m quite happy with tbh. Petrol suited me as I don’t do lots of miles. Must say, absolutely loving the van.

My t6.1 110 5speed with 255 55 r18 at tyres does just over 40 on a good run but local it's about 29ish.

Thanks fellow petrolheads , my dilemma is whether to remap or not. Did the mpg go up or down following your remap. Would like a tad more torque but don’t want to compromise the economy. I’ll be waiting to hear from other tsi owners before making a decision. Cheers all.

I've got a 2023 T6.1 150 bhp 6 speed, with a full campervan convertion and over the last 7,000mls its averaged 38mpg. On a steady run on the motorway it will do mid 40s but busy A roads and roundabouts drag it down to mid 30s.

The only time I ever hit 40mpg was when I had just had a new solar panel glued on in Shipley oop North. Booted it home at 59mph average worried that it would come off!
Average shorter trips/standard driving less than 3000rpm around the 34 mpg mark, 110 remapped to 150, still significantly better than my old Chrysler Voyager 2.8crd.

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
I've got a 2023 T6.1 150 bhp 6 speed, with a full campervan convertion and over the last 7,000mls its averaged 38mpg. On a steady run on the motorway it will do mid 40s but busy A roads and roundabouts drag it down to mid 30s.
For comparison, I've got a 2023 T6.1 150 DSG LWB with full camper conversion and around 4.6k miles on the clock.

According to the MFD, fully loaded I get…
~35 mpg at a steady 70-80
~42 mpg at a steady 65-70
~46 mpg at a steady 50-60
~32 mpg with A-road driving
~28 mpg with urban driving

(Add about 3 mpg to the above figures with all the camping kit removed).

I suspect the engine is still loosening-up, so hopefully these numbers will improve over time.

Last edited:
I’m assuming that most of the replies here refer to tdi and not petrol Tsi so to get a response to my queries regarding mpg following a remap to help with my decision I’ll post up a more specific thread somewhere.

Reactions: CAB
T6.1 204 BiTDI - I am getting 25-30 around town and journeys less than 10 miles, probably15-20 on short journeys and 35-40mpg on longer run's.. Had 39.9 on a couple of trips recently that if I didn't get stuck in traffic or maybe slowed down a little would nudge over 40.

Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 14.17.08.png

Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 14.16.48.png

I’m assuming that most of the replies here refer to tdi and not petrol Tsi so to get a response to my queries regarding mpg following a remap to help with my decision I’ll post up a more specific thread somewhere.
Hi I get about 345 miles per tank of fuel

For comparison, I've got a 2023 T6.1 150 DSG LWB with full camper conversion and around 4.6k miles on the clock.

According to the MFD, fully loaded I get…
~35 mpg at a steady 70-80
~42 mpg at a steady 65-70
~46 mpg at a steady 50-60
~32 mpg with A-road driving
~28 mpg with urban driving

(Add about 3 mpg to the above figures with all the camping kit removed).

I suspect the engine is still loosening-up, so hopefully these numbers will improve over time.
I think you're figures are very representive of what I have seen, had 48mpg on the motorway travelling to Cornwall at 55mph. I've noticed lots of roundabouts knock the consumption, braking then acceleration back to speed. My previous experience with VW TDI units is they don't start to loosen up till 15K plus.

A 2023 T6.1 BiTDI 204 4Motion DSG Campervan (with factory mapping) two-up with large dog and moderate load driven on mix of A and B roads with several roundabouts, many bends, traffic lights and 30 MPH limits to slow progress down.…

Long-term data​

02/12 /2023, 17:47
  • Distance covered: 515.7 mi
  • Driving time: 20:35 h
  • Average speed: 24.9 mph
  • Average fuel consumption: 34 mpg

Since last refuel​

• Distance covered: 21.1 mi
  • Driving time: 00:40 h
  • Average speed: 31.7 mph
  • Average fuel consumption: 39.2 mpg

Last edited:
2.0 Tsi here,150. After about 5 tests from full to empty ish (400-430ish miles), each time has returned bang on 26 mpg. This is local stuff. When I picked it up from Gloucestershire I think it was around the 40 mark on the run back home (steady 65 for about 150 miles). Thinking of a remap in spring but don’t know what f that will drop the mpg, which I’m quite happy with tbh. Petrol suited me as I don’t do lots of miles. Must say, absolutely loving the van.
I have a mapped 2018 150 TSi, map from new and 55k on it now as a full campervan conversion, most of my miles are motorway here and in Europe, local driving destroys the mpg but tbh mpg is irrelevant really other than being a bit of fun, the TSi is just so reliable and that's the most important thing with a T6, no adblue or any of the diesel woes, it just starts and goes, service it properly once a year and swap the plugs every 2nd year, as for my best run........625 miles on a single tank from Holland to Bavaria, it really can be a 1000 kilometre van ( with an 80l tank ) :D

On a summer trip I have done 1200 km on a full tank with my remapped 150dsg.
With my 2.0 Btdi 204 500 miles per tank at this time of the year.

Back