Mine is a 2015 2.0 140bhp.

My commute is largely 20% A Road and 80% motorway, sitting at 70mph the trip reads 41mpg by the time I get there which I am fairly happy with. My 430D did about 40mpg on the same commute at the same speed so its there or there abouts.

It goes down if I load the van obviously, at the moment its just a full width R&R bed but if I have the wife, my son and a weekends worth of camping stuff, I am expecting a decent drop but as this is a few times a year, I will take 41mpg for the majority of my journeys.

Bit disappointed but I guess West Wales driving along M4 to A48and then north of Carmarthen is not bad for 31-35mpg.
T6.1 '21 150Ps 6 Speed

A little passed 30k and mine seems to be improving all the time, or is it just cos the weather is warming up?

Anyway, Portsmouth to Cardiff and back on weekend. Using cruise but between 65-75 most of the time and returning about 38 mpg.
199DSG

Mine has just gone over 41k miles (150 DSG LWB Shuttle) and the last tank I managed 41.42mpg which was pretty much a trip to Plymouth and back from Surrey. Most of my driving is long motorway runs with the cruise control on at 65-70mph, and I am averaging 37.34mpg over the last 30k miles.

i manage between 34-39mpg with 20s and fully converted camper. Which I feel isn’t bad based on everyone’s figures I’ve read.

21’ 150 dsg

Ha! I have just had the EGR mapped out and the cooler blocked on a 135k miles 2014 180 BiTDI 4 motion Caravelle. Best I have had previously was 31, on a 65-75 mph run down to Devon and back from London, I now get 35. Pretty chuffed

I had a transporter Tsi loaned when my van was serviced. Ended up keeping it for a week because some parts were not avalable.
Despite being a petrol I was not impressed. Quite noisy and the Dsg doesn’t know what gear to use.(map would possibly sort this).
And after a week and 580 miles the trip computer showed 19mpg ☹️.
I get 30/33 off my Transporter.
I was talking to Tom from Retro Resus the other day and he said mid-teens for the TSI, wonder how it works on TCO against a VW dodgy diesel engines v life of the ownership?

i manage between 34-39mpg with 20s and fully converted camper. Which I feel isn’t bad based on everyone’s figures I’ve read.

21’ 150 dsg

I’d say that’s pretty good, I’d like to aim for that with mine (2022 150 DSG camper). Get it no problem on a longer run but we do too many short journeys in ours (trying to reduce that to avoid DPF issues of course) and struggle to get above 30mpg on those.

I’d say that’s pretty good, I’d like to aim for that with mine (2022 150 DSG camper). Get it no problem on a longer run but we do too many short journeys in ours (trying to reduce that to avoid DPF issues of course) and struggle to get above 30mpg on those.
The mpg went towards the 39 on most long journeys after its first service. Guessing the engine is loosening / cleaner after oil change etc.

Just had a new EGR fitted (not sure if it made the difference!) and got 45mpg on an hour-long motorway run on Monday (2016, 150bhp, 6 speed manual)

Just back from holiday to North Wales (we live in Berks) about 900 miles in all very mixed driving and got 44 mpg (Van is a 17 plate 102 camper )

Driven just over 1k miles in our 2023 camper (T32 LWB 150 DSG, std wheels/tyres/suspension, fully-loaded with 2 up), predominantly cruising at 65-70mph on motorways and dual-carriageways, but with a few short journeys once destination has been reached. The long term average is showing as 38.2mpg.

Hoping this will improve a little as the engine loosens-up, but not complaining as I can't get more than 32mpg in my petrol Mondeo (regardless of driving style or journey type).

As attached, trip 2 is 1000 miles, trip 1 25 miles

102 T32 Now the weather is warmer increase of about 5 from winter

I do drive slow 50 on A roads 60 dual carriageway

PXL_20230523_161131618.jpg

PXL_20230523_161135199.jpg

Wow, you must be the van behind which thousands of cars queue! So now I know who to blame when I feel frustrated going so slow!
Your engine will not even get to temperature :)

my kind of speed - the idea of driving a 3 tonne metal box faster than 60mph makes me shudder!
At least you won't be going on any speed awareness courses! Funny I found my mpg increased when I lost 5th gear.... Driving in 4th and 6th improved by a few mpg. Now gearbox fixed and after being caught speeding I'm still at 31mpg...

Back