I have a mapped 2018 150 TSi, map from new and 55k on it now as a full campervan conversion, most of my miles are motorway here and in Europe, local driving destroys the mpg but tbh mpg is irrelevant really other than being a bit of fun, the TSi is just so reliable and that's the most important thing with a T6, no adblue or any of the diesel woes, it just starts and goes, service it properly once a year and swap the plugs every 2nd year, as for my best run........625 miles on a single tank from Holland to Bavaria, it really can be a 1000 kilometre van ( with an 80l tank ) :D
Hi mate, that pretty well sums up why I was glad to get a petrol ( not doing big miles, didn’t want the dpf issues etc). As I said, I get around the 26 mark each fill , about 425 miles which I’m quite happy with, just don’t want to do something that will make that worse.What did you get the engine mapped to ? At the moment I’m still at 150 but considering a map in spring. I believe Chris at Dav-Tec on here is the go to guy for mapping. The van has only done 6k (2018 !) so engine wise is pretty sweet.

Thanks fellow petrolheads , my dilemma is whether to remap or not. Did the mpg go up or down following your remap. Would like a tad more torque but don’t want to compromise the economy. I’ll be waiting to hear from other tsi owners before making a decision. Cheers all.
I removed my 204 TSI Revo remap and gained around 4-8 mpg. 270 bhp was fun but I couldn’t justify the cost!

I can’t imagine gaining mpg AND bhp with a remap, else it would leave the factory that way?

I’m assuming that most of the replies here refer to tdi and not petrol Tsi so to get a response to my queries regarding mpg following a remap to help with my decision I’ll post up a more specific thread somewhere.
My remapped TSI running on LPG did 32mpg cruising across the Netherlands at 65mph (the speed limit). This dropped to 28mph by Munich when the speed was 80mph.
LPG is usually about 3-4mpg less than petrol.
Remap to 247bhp.

I removed my 204 TSI Revo remap and gained around 4-8 mpg. 270 bhp was fun but I couldn’t justify the cost!

I can’t imagine gaining mpg AND bhp with a remap, else it would leave the factory that way?
That’s what I thought but I’ve heard from others that ,following a remap, increases bhp and better fuel consumption. You would think that increased power requires more fuel, but I suppose it may be something to do with how efficiently that power is used maybe ?? This is why I’m doing a bit of research before deciding. Thanks all for the input

Hi mate, that pretty well sums up why I was glad to get a petrol ( not doing big miles, didn’t want the dpf issues etc). As I said, I get around the 26 mark each fill , about 425 miles which I’m quite happy with, just don’t want to do something that will make that worse.What did you get the engine mapped to ? At the moment I’m still at 150 but considering a map in spring. I believe Chris at Dav-Tec on here is the go to guy for mapping. The van has only done 6k (2018 !) so engine wise is pretty sweet.
Mapped to 305 on regular fuel, 55k on the map, performs noticeably better on super when it feels more like 330, Sainsburys Super Unleaded is best price/performance, no change to mpg as it depends on load, driving style and conditions, learn when the turbo begins to spool up from the rolling road and then drive it just under that point in normal driving for best economy, forget super if you are just pootling around town just use it for long runs and performance, a 2018 will probably need a new battery soon the EFB stop/start Moll will be close to the end of it's life, get some new plugs if you get a map

I’m new to this van stuff. And I thought I knew how the mpg race goes: 55-58mph, , experiment with tyre pressure, and use fuel efficient tyres. But my T6.1 110hp transporter stumps me. I pressed one button and motorway avg mpg at 56mph went from 40 to 53.5. The button ? Stop Start. I can only guess that it has to max charge the alternator constantly to try and fight to keep the battery at max charge. Anyone else know ?

I’m new to this van stuff. And I thought I knew how the mpg race goes: 55-58mph, , experiment with tyre pressure, and use fuel efficient tyres. But my T6.1 110hp transporter stumps me. I pressed one button and motorway avg mpg at 56mph went from 40 to 53.5. The button ? Stop Start. I can only guess that it has to max charge the alternator constantly to try and fight to keep the battery at max charge. Anyone else know ?
I did the same test on Sunday, Salisbury to Portchester. 39.7 with start/stop off, 36.4 with it on. might be something to this.

Don't pay much attention to MFD data but generally go on miles per tank, especially as most of my mileage is motorway. At 56mph sitting with the lorries I get 700 miles to a tank. At 65 it's 600 miles. This is with a 150 lwb caravelle.

Knackered 180 BiTDI DSG 4motion, 32-35 most of the time and 29-31 fully loaded AT tyres off to France and back

It would be interesting to do a run using google for the distance and then fill up after to get a very true consumption

Don't forget in this colder weather, the air is more dense and we are essentially driving a brick, so mpg will be dragged even further down. Add to that, heaters lights etc, and winter is not a time for mpg comparisons.

Better test. Fully loaded the van. Michelin agilis cross climate at 63pai. 56mph on cruise . Rolling motorway terrain from Merzalben to Munich no wind. Brim to Brim test delivered 50 mpg. I have the lwb model, just the 5 speed. Corian, timber,saws,power tools, radiators. Loaded. Pretty good really.

Back