What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted led’s to front fog lamps, purchased from Transporter HQ, work perfectly.

The same can’t be said of the Twenty 20 H4 leds from EBay. Lights flickered & bulb fail light came on on dash! Needless to say, they are on there way back.

Cheers

Fitted led’s to front fog lamps, purchased from Transporter HQ, work perfectly.

The same can’t be said of the Twenty 20 H4 leds from EBay. Lights flickered & lamp fail light came on on dash! Needless to say, they are on there way back.

Cheers

How easy are these to fit yourself? Thinking of buying these and the LED rear lights

I finally got my drivers door card back in after buying some new rivets to refit the speaker in the door. I also put some new clips on the door card and it made re-fitting it so much easier.

I removed the speaker to add some silent coat and mass loaded vinyl to the outer skin as demonstrated on this wonderful forum.

That's the tailgate, the bonnet and the drivers door done. The bonnet and tailgate were mainly for a bit of familiarisation with fitting the stuff. I've got enough left to do the passenger door, a job for the weekend me thinks, but would like to do the rear doors and rear quarter panels.

The original plan was to use up what I had left over from my T5. However, as no plan survives first contact I guess I'll be buying some more...

How easy are these to fit yourself? Thinking of buying these and the LED rear lights

Hi
The fog LED’s were a doddle, the front liners have a pop out panel to allow access, turn front wheels to full lock, unplug bulb & rotate to remove. Fitting LED’s is just reverse, they come with resistor pack which simply plugs in line into loom.

Cheers

Hi
The fog LED’s were a doddle, the front liners have a pop out panel to allow access, turn front wheels to full lock, unplug lamp & rotate to remove. Fitting LED’s is just reverse, they come with resistor pack which simply plugs in line into loom.

Cheers

Thanks Jagman.

Sounds easy enough to do lol!

Today I've been a complete hypocrite and put LEDs in my H4s after frequently saying I didn't think it was a good idea. Beam cutoff looks the same in the garage, brighter light but narrower spread. Just interested to see the difference, if I don't like it I'll swap them back.

Today I've been a complete hypocrite and put LEDs in my H4s after frequently saying I didn't think it was a good idea. Beam cutoff looks the same in the garage, brighter light but narrower spread. Just interested to see the difference, if I don't like it I'll swap them back.

Hi
What make did you fit? Any problems with dash warning?

Cheers

Well that was actually pretty impressive! Just for the record I drive a car with LED headlights and I also drove the van on the same short journey last night for comparison. I rarely drive the van in the winter or in the dark but last night's trip was what made me put the LEDs in the van. I've actually had them for a while, probably 6 months+, and these are the ones, bought after they came top in a Youtube comparison video I'd seen.
IMG_7641.JPG
On an unlit road they were pretty damn good! Not as bright as proper LED headlights and with a few triangular dull patches immediately in front of the bonnet, but with a very sharp cut off in the right place and streets ahead of the halogens. Full beam had a decent range but wasn't as bright as dipped, which is fine, dipped beam is what you want to be good most of the time.
Getting onto the main road I wasn't flashed by anyone and I could see how my beam was aimed on the back of cars at traffic lights and that looked fine. Little orange glows on the ground by the door mirrors when cornering reminded me that I'd have to get the fog and parking lights changed as well as they look pants, but I don't think they're monitored are they? Oh, no bulb lights on the dash either, all round pretty pleased, I'm going to leave these in for now. MOT time in Feb, but I'll either have sold the van by then, or if I decide I'm keeping it longer term then I'll have some more permanent alteration done to the lights, probably OEM LEDs.

Edit: Found them in my Ebay history, purchased Dec 2018

Photos of headlight performance are always utterly pointless as the auto exposure of the camera will always make all lights look better than they are, but here they are anyway, complete with lots of blurriness

Dipped beam
IMG_2405.JPG

Full beam
IMG_9931.JPG

Last edited:
Back