What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Put some silent coat on the drivers door inner steel section and soundproofed the interior door card. Need to replace the clips now as I wrecked a few. Problem is that I couldn't find the ones I have. I'll have put them somewhere safe no doubt! Passenger door to follow when the new ones arrive.

Need to drill the speaker rivets out to silent coat the exterior steel as that still sounds tinny and not thuddy.

Also put a bit of silent coat on the underside of the bonnet.

Last edited:
Please could you tell me what is involved in changing the dash colour from red?
Ideally I would like it purple then it's the wifes' company colours!!

TIA

Deaks :)
Sorry about late reply Deaks, I had the work done by a fella in Bristol, can give you his details if you like. Cost is around the £150 mark. You have the choice of many different colours.

Sorry about late reply Deaks, I had the work done by a fella in Bristol, can give you his details if you like. Cost is around the £150 mark. You have the choice of many different colours.
Yes please, that would be great.
I live in Bristol, so that is very handy that he is Bristol based too.

Cheers

Deaks :)

Fixed what I thought could have been an engine fault.

When gently accelerating or moving off I often has small jerky feedback. After a little investigation I discovered that the throttle pedal spindle/bearing/spring was the culprit. A couple of squirts of oil through the cowling around the pedal and then worked it in.

Now the accelerator pedal is smooth and the take-off from start equally smooth. A nice cheap fix and gratifying as well.

Back