Welcome new members

Spent nearly a year working out their a few years ago with my current company, got to know the basics of the language, and more importantly I became calibrated to Efes. :whistle:

Spent nearly a year working out their a few years ago with my current company, got to know the basics of the language, and more importantly I became calibrated to Efes. :whistle:
Every day I have to google a new word or phrase. 'Steam deck' was yesterday, Efes today...

Good to have you @Itmo . You're quite right, if I had lurked too long I would never have bought! Best decision we ever made! Best of luck in sunny Wales, looking forward to those all important pictures!

Hi Everyone, I just joined the forum. I have bought a 2016 VW Multivan as project van to play around with, mainly for beach trips and to carry big things in it.

It is an unusual spec, being a Comfortline but having having a full leather interior. It was used as an airport transfer vehicle, and is in perfect condition, 158,000km on it with a full service history.

This was our first trip to the beach the weekend after we got it.

unnamed-1.jpg

I've had the windows re-tinted, as the old one was a funny blueish colour, and picked up some VW Amarok 18" wheel for $100, fitted some 235/55R18 tyres and this is what it looks like now, a great improvement already.

unnamed.jpg

This not my first build, sitting in the garage is my Unimog U1250.

KTUH9279.JPG

I have had a few other VAG vehicles, and have been using VCDS ( VAGCOM) since 2009.

I also have a 2005 Bentley Continental GT.

2020-12-10 10.22.49.jpg

Hi Everyone, I just joined the forum. I have bought a 2016 VW Multivan as project van to play around with, mainly for beach trips and to carry big things in it.

It is an unusual spec, being a Comfortline but having having a full leather interior. It was used as an airport transfer vehicle, and is in perfect condition, 158,000km on it with a full service history.

View attachment 234419

I've had the windows re-tinted, as the old one was a funny blueish colour, and picked up some VW Amarok 18" wheel for $100, fitted some 235/55R18 tyres and this is what it looks like now, a great improvement already.

View attachment 234420

View attachment 234421

I have had a few other VAG vehicles, and have been using VCDS ( VAGCOM) since 2009.

View attachment 234422
Welcome to the forum. I'm guessing that in Oz, unlike the UK, tinting the front side widows is legal? If only we had enough sun to justify the same rules... heavy sigh.

Reactions: CAB
Good morning!

I have a '19 T6 Startline that I've used as a work van the past couple of years but will be converting to a light camper or 'day van'. Probably going to pass on installing any plumbing for that reason. Watch this space!!
Hi @brisk80 , Good to see you on the forum, we are picture loving folk and love to see a good hard working Transporter in all its glory!

Welcome to the forum. I'm guessing that in Oz, unlike the UK, tinting the front side widows is legal? If only we had enough sun to justify the same rules... heavy sigh.
Thanks for the welcome. The front side windows are the 35% max legal tint, the rears are 5%, but they make the fronts look a lot darker.

We need them for the sun over here, it gets pretty hot.

Reactions: CAB
Thanks for the welcome. The front side windows are the 35% max legal tint, the rears are 5%, but they make the fronts look a lot darker.

We need them for the sun over here, it gets pretty hot.
Max tinting here is 75% for the windscreen and 70% for the front sides, which kind of spoils the aesthetics, but I guess we don't have the practical requirement that you guys do.

Max tinting here is 75% for the windscreen and 70% for the front sides, which kind of spoils the aesthetics, but I guess we don't have the practical requirement that you guys do.
I think we are the same for the windscreen over here.

Reactions: Bav

View attachment 234419

View attachment 234420

View attachment 234421

View attachment 234422
Mighty impressive fleet you have there, would like to see the Unimog in more detail. And not a bad part of the world to live too, was out in Bris for the Lions test in 2013, currently trying to get the long haired general to let me go again but a 3 week tour of Oz could end in divorce. :whistle:

Mighty impressive fleet you have there, would like to see the Unimog in more detail. And not a bad part of the world to live too, was out in Bris for the Lions test in 2013, currently trying to get the long haired general to let me go again but a 3 week tour of Oz could end in divorce. :whistle:
My wife has a YouTube channel, we did a video about the truck. Took me 6 years to build it.

Back