Welcome new members

Hi All. Found this forum while looking for uses for the T6/6.1 roof console. We've just bought a 6.1 Santorini from Camper King (pick it up tomorrow) and will be digging around here for ideas and tips n tricks. While I was checking some of the threads for the roof console projects I saw a couple of you have 3D printers. Me too and a laser cutter / etcher. I'm pretty handy with CAD / Design, so will be willing to offer any help or advice if when needed.
Happy Tuesday! :p

Hi All. Found this forum while looking for uses for the T6/6.1 roof console. We've just bought a 6.1 Santorini from Camper King (pick it up tomorrow) and will be digging around here for ideas and tips n tricks. While I was checking some of the threads for the roof console projects I saw a couple of you have 3D printers. Me too and a laser cutter / etcher. I'm pretty handy with CAD / Design, so will be willing to offer any help or advice if when needed.
Happy Tuesday! :p
Welcome to our humble abode @Dom1nion ! Always good to have another 'fabricator' in our midst! I'm sure there will be a useful item you can create that the assembled brethren will realise we/they need to have! Has anyone done VW fridge magnets yet? Are dometic/sanjo magnetable?

Hi all, we have just moved to the UK from Cape Town, and decided to ship our 2019 DSG T6 Kombi along for the ride. It doesn’t seem that the UK has the equivalent model so it’s been tough to get insurance but we are sorted now. (Fingers crossed!). Thanks for an amazing forum, been reading lots of the threads for some time now and thought it time to register.

Welcome... both to the UK and to the forum. :)

Hope your insurance wasn't too expensive - at least your steering wheel is on the 'correct' side. :thumbsup:

Hi all, we have just moved to the UK from Cape Town, and decided to ship our 2019 DSG T6 Kombi along for the ride. It doesn’t seem that the UK has the equivalent model so it’s been tough to get insurance but we are sorted now. (Fingers crossed!). Thanks for an amazing forum, been reading lots of the threads for some time now and thought it time to register.
We did our T6.1 Highline DSG, through Just Kampers Insurance. They were the better option all round, Didn't need Breakdown cover as it's a new van, but we took the replacement / substitute vehicle, (they came out just under £100 lower than SafeGuard, who couldn't offer a replacement van). They wanted us to fit a tracker due to the value, and we went for a Scorpion S7 (as they have a good rating), from Trackershop, who had it for £189. Ordered at 11pm last night, and fitted by 2pm today, by a fellow countryman of yours, called Neville.

Reactions: CAB
Welcome to us @Milky199 . We're a lovely bunch of likeminded folk, spending money here, there and blessed everywhere in pursuit of our vans ultimate happiness! A seemingly never ending process! An element of monetary restraint can be a good thing, but it won't take you long to find something that you desperately want and didn't realise you absolutely need!
Best of luck!

Welcome Milky! Lovely looking Bus you have there! What plans do you have in mind for it??

Welcome Milky! Lovely looking Bus you have there! What plans do you have in mind for it??
At the moment just keep it as it is as it has 3 seats in the back and my boys both ride bikes pedal and motorbikes it seems like a good fit. I’ve just brought some curtains for the back for the long journeys so I hope they might sleep. Just got to fit them soon.

1f822f84-304b-4de4-a893-7a278174026d.jpeg

4b62a19a-60c8-42b3-9e5b-3d031117b272.jpeg

Welcome to us @Milky199 . We're a lovely bunch of likeminded folk, spending money here, there and blessed everywhere in pursuit of our vans ultimate happiness! A seemingly never ending process! An element of monetary restraint can be a good thing, but it won't take you long to find something that you desperately want and didn't realise you absolutely need!
Best of luck!
Cheers Wayne. I might look at an awning at some point. So advice is always welcome.

Hi all newbie daz here from west Midlands got my 1st t6 January do a few mods navis wheels lowered splitter sidebars

View attachment 233651

View attachment 233652

Hi all, another newbie here. Herefordshire based, just recently had my T5.1 converted, had it for 5 years prior to the conversion. Wish I had done it sooner ;) a few pics of The Trooper.

Cant wait to get back out in her, just need some dehumidifier bags for the front window to help reduce the dreaded condensation.
View attachment 233665View attachment 233666View attachment 233667View attachment 233668View attachment 233669
Welcome to our fold @Ginger Van Man ! I'm presuming the Ginger bit refers to your follicular matter? I married a lovely red head. No hair just a lovely red head.
Much of my youth was spent in 'Herefs', beautiful part of the country. Van looks spot on.

Hi all newbie daz here from west Midlands got my 1st t6 January do a few mods navis wheels lowered splitter sidebars

View attachment 233651

View attachment 233652

Greetings from Istanbul.
I recently bought t6.1 with campervan interior and looking some information/ideas/mods about it.
Then found this forum with lots of information.
Greetings from the sunny UK @Akif Murat ! Do you have any pictures you can share with us of your van? We do like pictures!

Back