Welcome new members

Evening ! what a great forum, new to the Transporter world, collected my first one last week and so far so good! been reading up and gathering lots of info which is handy.

purchased a T6.1 T28 Panel van in Ravenna Blue that I plan to convert to a Kombi in time.
Not another Ravenna Blue, I hate those..... said nobody ever.....! Where's the pictures then?!

Hi, great site for gathering info and knowledge.
Picked up our Van yesterday. First van for us so very excited, can't wait to get out now and start the adventures.
I'm sure there will be lots of queries & questions to come.

20240304_154753.jpg

Hi, great site for gathering info and knowledge.
Picked up our Van yesterday. First van for us so very excited, can't wait to get out now and start the adventures.
I'm sure there will be lots of queries & questions to come.

View attachment 231764
Welcome to us @step! Lovely looking van! You will learn such a lot from forum folk, and become increasingly poor as a result!

Welcome to us @step! Lovely looking van! You will learn such a lot from forum folk, and become increasingly poor as a result!
Interesting philosophical question that - is it better to be informed and broke or affluent and ignorant? :notworthy:

@step - welcome to the forum and congrats on your new van. :thumbsup:

Gidday.
I am not the chatty type but I do enjoy searching for experience and ideas from others, so as we are now the proud owners of our first T6.1 - I thought I would join the forum. I have already cherry picked advice from here and will be hard wiring the dash cam in later today and fitting my seat covers.
tempImageXBiX2S.jpg
tempImageQkpU2g.jpg
Boofhead jumped up immediately.

Hi Pauly and all, just purchased a T6 which I’ll get in 8 weeks. Has a Camperking conversion and to say I’m excited is an understatement Looking to have coastal breaks having hired a campervan to go around the NC500 last Summer. I’ve been pining for my own a while and as a family with Polos and Beetles on the drive I couldn’t move away from the holy brand could I. Anyway just wanted to say hi!

Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully you'll find the answers to all your questions here - there's a wealth of knowledge & experience and a willingness to share.

Hi Pauly and all, just purchased a T6 which I’ll get in 8 weeks. Has a Camperking conversion and to say I’m excited is an understatement Looking to have coastal breaks having hired a campervan to go around the NC500 last Summer. I’ve been pining for my own a while and as a family with Polos and Beetles on the drive I couldn’t move away from the holy brand could I. Anyway just wanted to say hi!
Many welcomes Andie! It was the NC500 in a rental that inspired me to raid my pension fund! Haven't regretted it for a minute! Enjoy forum life!

Hello!
Thanks for letting me join your forum.
I'm not yet the owner of a T6, but I hope to be soon - once I've found the right van.
I'm thinking 150bhp, possibly lwb, and maybe automatic/DSG... With a poptop... There are just so many choices and factors to consider!
I used to have a Ford Transit which got eaten alive by rust.

Welcome aboard, a plethora of knowledge is at your finger tips.
If you're unsure of what spec you want, it might be worth hiring a van for the weekend to see how you get on with it.

Hello!
Thanks for letting me join your forum.
I'm not yet the owner of a T6, but I hope to be soon - once I've found the right van.
I'm thinking 150bhp, possibly lwb, and maybe automatic/DSG... With a poptop... There are just so many choices and factors to consider!
I used to have a Ford Transit which got eaten alive by rust.
Hi M@x ,
We took a couple of longish test drives in different vans, and then rented the sort of thing we wanted before we bought. @Cuffy talks the sense! Welcome to the forum that prefers not to use the 'T' word, good to have you!

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
Hello just had a few days away in Dorset amongst the big Motorhomes we stood our ground thanks for the welcome

IMG_9886.jpeg

Back