Welcome new members

Yes, seriously impressive. Can't wait to see what you do with your Transporter, though I suspect you don't need to do anything too wild with it given your alternative transport options. ;)

Yes, seriously impressive. Can't wait to see what you do with your Transporter, though I suspect you don't need to do anything too wild with it given your alternative transport options. ;)
Nothing to much, got a badgeless grill, spoiler, LEDs and will be putting some stripes /pinstripes on it (silver ones here are taxis -this was one before I bought it.) Just got it for a bit fun, something to take down to the beach and carry big things. Will take the third row of seats out, and have a swivel plate to fit on the passenger seat, subwoofer, speakers etc. If we want to go overnight, we will take the Unimog, but this will be great for day trips, and the most economical car we own.

Nothing to much, got a badgeless grill, spoiler, LEDs and will be putting some stripes /pinstripes on it (silver ones here are taxis -this was one before I bought it.) Just got it for a bit fun, something to take down to the beach and carry big things. Will take the third row of seats out, and have a swivel plate to fit on the passenger seat, subwoofer, speakers etc. If we want to go overnight, we will take the Unimog, but this will be great for day trips, and the most economical car we own.
Now you're talking our language - these are the sorts of things most of us get up to on here (with a few going that bit further).

Interior is in great condition, used for airport transfers and taking tourists around. Not sure what a normal spec Comfortline is, but it has a leather seats,has power doors, fancy dash, little table etc.

2024-03-13 13.19.41.jpg

I was in a pursuit with a Unimog many years ago. It was stolen from a farm in Peterborough and then driven all the way to the rural Berkshire/Wiltshire border. It was obviously NOT high speed but luckily they could not engage reverse gear to ram me. I later found out selecting reverse is not as simple as normal gear boxes. After busting through hedgerows to escape they decamped and a little while later a farmer reported 4 youths were on his quad bike and were stealing it. Then the buggers stole a Discovery and that was the last we heard. At least we got the Unimog back.

I was in a pursuit with a Unimog many years ago. It was stolen from a farm in Peterborough and then driven all the way to the rural Berkshire/Wiltshire border. It was obviously NOT high speed but luckily they could not engage reverse gear to ram me. I later found out selecting reverse is not as simple as normal gear boxes. After busting through hedgerows to escape they decamped and a little while later a farmer reported 4 youths were on his quad bike and were stealing it. Then the buggers stole a Discovery and that was the last we heard. At least we got the Unimog back.

Yes, on a Unimog, you need to put the whole transmission into reverse the use the normal gears. Mine is even more complicated, as I have pneumatic reverse and high/low range as I fitted a new transmission from the latest Unimog a couple of years ago, I leave it parked in low range, so unless you know how to work it,the top speed would 30kph.

Hi, I'm Glenn, from Belgium. Bought our first T6 a while ago (non runner). Had a few t4's and still have a few t5's.
This T6 was cheap with a cambelt failure, so thats the new project.
Welcome. I presume you like making life difficult for yourself?

Haha, looks like it. Already bumped into a problem, replaced all damaged parts, and it wont start.
Time to start posting in the other areas of the forum then. Good luck with your project. :thumbsup:

Hi all. I own a T6.1 and previously owned a T5 for a decade or so. Both vans converted into campers.
From a bit of a look round, I am seriously impressed by the breadth or experience and depth of knowledge on this site. Great to see.
Have a good Easter everyone, whatever you are up to.
Welcome along Ben! Enjoy everything about spending that hard earned! With your experience, we could be leaning on you!

Alright all, just joined the group but owned my 2020 t6.1 since the start of the year, been an ongoing project turning it into a MTB camper van over the last few months, but the inside is starting to get close to completion so time to put some graft into the outside.View attachment 216437
Welcome.
How about a look inside for a fellow mtber?

Hi. New member - located south wales.

I’ve used forums for various cars over the years but looking for somewhere more knowledgeable and focused for technical info etc.

I’m a massive weekend warrior when it comes to detailing so the van is very often very clean some pics attached (testing to see if they upload successfully)

IMG_2570.jpeg

IMG_2575.jpeg

IMG_6220.jpeg

IMG_7967.jpeg

68984B26-4A34-41E3-8E72-04033D111AA7.jpeg

Hi. New member - located south wales.

I’ve used forums for various cars over the years but looking for somewhere more knowledgeable and focused for technical info etc.

I’m a massive weekend warrior when it comes to detailing so the van is very often very clean some pics attached (testing to see if they upload successfully)

View attachment 235427

View attachment 235429

View attachment 235430

View attachment 235432

View attachment 235434
Beautiful looking van @coxyboy123 , great colour, good to have you here!

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.

Hello gang just finished building my T6 Camper now getting ready to use it

Back