Welcome new members

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
Hi
First time VW owner and looking for help and support in converting my panel van into a kombi.
Can’t wait to start

Evening, just joined and looking for tips as I am investing in a van this year.
Can't wait to get started
Keep an open mind and do your research, when it comes to buying stuff for your van a lot of people will tell you buy cheap buy twice and it is sound advice as most will or can tell you. Most of all have fun and do the things you like and make you smile for yourself. Van life is all about having fun with it.

Afternoon All, and Happy New Year!

I have just joined as am buying a 2017 T6 SWB Combi this weekend. Never had a 'commercial vehicle' before, but will be using as my daily driver instead of a car. Looking forward to starting some planned mods for it, to use as a motorcycle transporter and also somewhere to sleep on the European trips away.

Scott.

Welcome to the forum Scott.

Is that the Reichstag building in the background of your profile pic?

A lucky guess ;) and lucky you!

Is Germany where you're looking to tour in your van?

A lucky guess ;) and lucky you!

Is Germany where you're looking to tour in your van?
Not just Germany, all over Europe. I recently bought a Husky 701 Enduro, and the plan is to go across to Europe and ride as many off-road trails as possible in the Alps/Dolomites/Pyrenees etc. A buddy has also just bought a 701, so we are planning our first trip to ride the northern France section of the Trans Euro Trail (TET) in March. My wife and I have family in Denmark as well as friends in Germany so having the van gives us lot's of options for trips away. :)

• Love
Reactions: Bav
You were all right about spending money, I cant stop buying accessories. though now, I've got pretty much everything I need apart from the driveway awning. I'm sure I'll find more things that I need. I must say, the batteries are working so well. I went for 2x renogy 100AH batteries with the 60 Amp B2B charger and a 2000W invertor. I can pretty much do what I want off grid within reason. I'll add solar later this year but it can do everything I need. It's got an autoterm diesel heater which seems great as well. Ill put up a post with pictures and the full spec when I have chance to in weather other than mist.

Hi everyone

I'm a long-time stalker on here and decided to join to vent my frustration at Inka for non-delivery of seat covers ordered in october...

In September I picked up a 17 plate 150PS reflex silver kombi, which I have been DIY'ing into a basic camper setup with a view to doing more as finances allow (RnR, pop-top, heating etc etc dream on!).

This and the T5 forum (I previously had a T5 kombi) are a invaluable resource and a major source of inspiration to a wannabe van DIY-er, so thanks to everyone who contributes.

Hi all

First post having joined the forum today. It’s been a dream for years to own a VW camper and at long last I collect this on Saturday. I’m like a kid at Christmas counting down the hours! Lots to learn as never owned a camper van before but looking forward to the journey (pardon the very bad pin). Taking the leap and trading my car in so this will be my daily car / van as well as for work trips to site. Any suggestions for websites or YouTube channels for newbies more than welcome.

Cheers
Dean
A1F3E3F9-B181-476F-9244-0257217BA9B8.jpeg

Very nice looking steed.
Oh, and welcome.
Thanks I’m in love already . Sorted insurance today and now wondering if I should get a tracker. The policy I ended up buying does not need it but from reading a few threads on here starting to think it’s a good idea. Already getting protective!

Reactions: Bav
Hi All!
I’ve just found myself in the club!

94315E9A-6E69-4292-8A3C-A0B63B235632.jpeg

Loving it so far!

Needs a couple of minor jobs done that I’m hoping to sort out myself. Have just picked up a heater blower module as it currently only works on setting 4. I need to get access to the cabin heater under the vehicle as that’s showing an E-6 error so I’m looking at how I do that now and I want to fix a minor bodywork issue but not sure if i can do that myself yet. I might post that up for advice.

Looking forward to new adventures!

Hi everyone

I'm a long-time stalker on here and decided to join to vent my frustration at Inka for non-delivery of seat covers ordered in october...

In September I picked up a 17 plate 150PS reflex silver kombi, which I have been DIY'ing into a basic camper setup with a view to doing more as finances allow (RnR, pop-top, heating etc etc dream on!).

This and the T5 forum (I previously had a T5 kombi) are an invaluable resource and a major source of inspiration to a wannabe van DIY-er, so thanks to everyone who contributes.
Forgot to post a picture. Not much to look at at present. All the interesting stuff is going on inside. Done the electrics and insulation (mostly) and regrettably embarked on a diy plywood kitchen and bed set up to an unrealistic holiday deadline in October. Currently slowly correcting/redoing most of that work!

I didn’t really want the 18” wheels and non pluses at having to find/buy a spare and carrier!

316258B7-63AC-4666-8159-976A2BD98DCB.jpeg

EC3006CF-5BDE-4806-B807-5D74DCDA3A35.jpeg

5D0A2006-7645-4B7A-B6D4-170D49E222D9.jpeg

51EE7BAD-8DB3-4827-86E0-FCE07A7DC6F8.jpeg

New Year! New purchase. To do / research list ....
Get the OEM rear camera into Kenwood DNX518VDABS. There appears to be some connection missing. PO didn't want the camera, I do, either just on reverse or additionally on command as no rear screen in the tailgate
Buy LED V3 headlights and LED fogs
Forty Winks bed
Possible diesel heater TBC
I'm sure more will be added to the list

IMG_3489.jpeg

Hi all,

Long time lurker just joined the forum now that I have managed to get a van that ticked all my boxes and more SWB 2019 Kombi 4Motion.
I need some time to recover some funds so nothing will happen for a while as far as mods go.

Longer term plans a day van setup.

Phil

screenshot-9872d85e.jpg

Back