Welcome new members

Hey All
I hope you all had a great Christmas.

I don't have a T6 yet but have been offered a company van and am being "encouraged" towards a VW.
Having had both a Transit Custom and a Transit Connect (both double cab in van variants) which gave me zero problems, I had started looking for another Custom.
However, the boss is very keen on a Transporter, which I don't have any objection to.
There is a budget, so it's going to be a used van, and I'm looking specifically for a low milage van with heated screen, heated seats and preferably two single seats in the front and a 2/1 split in the rear.
There are a few out there that are almost bang on what I'm looking for but will wait until into January before doing anything.
I'm off to the Canaries on the 4th of Jan so will wait until I return before concluding anything.
Seen a couple of likely candidates but they are too far away to go and view before New Year break, my own holidays etc.
Looking forward to my Transporter journey (pardon the pun).

Hey All
I hope you all had a great Christmas.

I don't have a T6 yet but have been offered a company van and am being "encouraged" towards a VW.
Having had both a Transit Custom and a Transit Connect (both double cab in van variants) which gave me zero problems, I had started looking for another Custom.
However, the boss is very keen on a Transporter, which I don't have any objection to.
There is a budget, so it's going to be a used van, and I'm looking specifically for a low milage van with heated screen, heated seats and preferably two single seats in the front and a 2/1 split in the rear.
There are a few out there that are almost bang on what I'm looking for but will wait until into January before doing anything.
I'm off to the Canaries on the 4th of Jan so will wait until I return before concluding anything.
Seen a couple of likely candidates but they are too far away to go and view before New Year break, my own holidays etc.
Looking forward to my Transporter journey (pardon the pun).
Welcome to the forum @scotrodg.
Any idea what your boss's motivation is for you getting a Transporter? Is he looking for a van he can convert once you've finished with it or are you marrying his daughter? :uh run:

Welcome to the forum @scotrodg.
Any idea what your boss's motivation is for you getting a Transporter? Is he looking for a van he can convert once you've finished with it or are you marrying his daughter? :uh run:
:D He doesn't have a daughter so it ain't that.
He's got a Disco Commercial and a Porche Macan so I'm not sure a well used Transporter would be aspirational for him.
Maybe just has a perception that the VW's are better than Ford. I'm not so sure there's a big difference but he's paying, so...

Reactions: Bav
:D He doesn't have a daughter so it ain't that.
He's got a Disco Commercial and a Porche Macan so I'm not sure a well used Transporter would be aspirational for him.
Maybe just has a perception that the VW's are better than Ford. I'm not so sure there's a big difference but he's paying, so...
He must be one of those rarest of things - an altruistic boss. You'll probably [hopefully] find the Transporter better to drive, but not sure it makes much business sense. Anyhow, enjoy the journey. ;)

Welcome squire.
I was in a similar quandary when I purchased mine, once I got it lowered I fell in love with the wheels.

Hi & welcome.

Not too keen on black wheels myself, but the "issue" with your wheels seems to be excessive poke - at least for my tastes. Hopefully you can palm them off sell them and replace with something more to your liking. :thumbsup:
I am really keen on Momo Revenge 18s but anything with more rubber will do. Luclikly they were fitted when car was on 10k and now only 14k so hopefully not destroyed suspension too much.

Hi Folks

Just joined upto this forum, not new to the Vdub world this is my 2nd van, had this one for 2 years now, so not finished yet as always there is something new that everyone wants to do to there van, never stops.

What plans have people got for this coming year?

3BA064D1-3EC2-4162-82CD-707393406FFC.jpeg

Nice van and colour buddy - welcome :)
Thanks, yeah my old van was a T5.1 in midnight blue was a lush colour and then changed it for this one was dubious about black as I live out in the sticks but I have to say it’s a very rewarding colour if you look after it.

Thanks, yeah my old van was a T5.1 in midnight blue was a lush colour and then changed it for this one was dubious about black as I live out in the sticks but I have to say it’s a very rewarding colour if you look after it.
....from the picture it looks like the Blackberry purple colour

No sorry, it’s black probably my shoddy camera work making it look a different colour haha
Either way, looks mint :)
Got mine booked in with Bognor motors for the following mods: full sound deadening, speakers and subwoofer upgrade, lowering and wheel alignment at the end of this month. Thats the only upgrade i plan to for now. When the revo map is available, will be doing that also..

Either way, looks mint :)
Got mine booked in with Bognor motors for the following mods: full sound deadening, speakers and subwoofer upgrade, lowering and wheel alignment at the end of this month. Thats the only upgrade i plan to for now. When the revo map is available, will be doing that also..
Thanks,

Sounds like you’ve got a good plan for what you’re after, it’s always good to have some idea of which direction you want to go in and what you’re after.

I’m off back to Paintworx in Loughborough to sort a few things out and tweek a couple of bits end of Feb.

Really want air ride doing next but house move is coming first so have to be restrained haha if that’s possible.

Your van will sound awesome with good sound deadening and speaker upgrades it does make a good difference.

Thanks,

Sounds like you’ve got a good plan for what you’re after, it’s always good to have some idea of which direction you want to go in and what you’re after.

I’m off back to Paintworx in Loughborough to sort a few things out and tweek a couple of bits end of Feb.

Really want air ride doing next but house move is coming first so have to be restrained haha if that’s possible.

Your van will sound awesome with good sound deadening and speaker upgrades it does make a good difference.
Thank you and look forward to more pics when you do your mods..
For some unknown reason, looking at other peoples van mods is an interesting thing!. :think smile bounce:

Back