Hello,
I would like to buy the 8 x 18 pepperpot steel wheels for my T6 (first generation) from JBW :
The van is 150bhp and has the 17" chassis option (I received it with the OE steel wheels 7J x 17, 340mm for the front discs)

Has anyone tried this combo with the big calipers ? Do you think the JBW will fit ?

Thanks !

Thomas

Hello,
I would like to buy the 8 x 18 pepperpot steel wheels for my T6 (first generation) from JBW :
The van is 150bhp and has the 17" chassis option (I received it with the OE steel wheels 7J x 17, 340mm for the front discs)

Has anyone tried this combo with the big calipers ? Do you think the JBW will fit ?

Thanks !

Thomas
They will fit as I had some on my T6 but the quality is not the best, had to repaint mine. If I was doing it again I would buy the Amarok ones.

Thanks for your reply Pete

Good to know for an eventual paint job... I think I'll still go for the JBW as I prefer their style compared to the Amarok ones (they are smoothier around the center cap)

@ Coullstar : still haven't made up my mind yet... (at least I managed to choose the colour )
After a few image-searches on the net, I tried to compare them in black and white just to focus on the shape and you're right...

if I choose the Amarok ones in 18", will they still fit with the 17" brakes and 340 mm discs in the front ?

Amarok :

20201117_234035.jpg

vs JBW :

20201117_234000.jpg

I've got a T32 with larger brakes and Amaraoks fit no problem. Mine are banded but thats adding depth to outer face.

@ Coullstar : still haven't made up my mind yet... (at least I managed to choose the colour )
After a few image-searches on the net, I tried to compare them in black and white just to focus on the shape and you're right...

if I choose the Amarok ones in 18", will they still fit with the 17" brakes and 340 mm discs in the front ?

Amarok :

View attachment 92182

vs JBW :

View attachment 92183
Thats my old van in the bottom pic

So, what colour for these?
Going on a starlight blue van (possibly :) ).

20201204_165520.jpg

Sorry for dragging an old post up, looks lovely. Was it lowered and what size tyres can you remember TIA

Meant to mention they appear to be entirely genuine VW wheels judging by the various markings on them.

Fresh, off-the-shelf. Definitely not banded.

Fitted with Uniroyal Rainsport 3 255/45R18 103XL
I'm lowered on 40mm H&R springs.

T30 SWB Kombi - nothing in the back

Hi guys! If I use these, should I replace my spare 16 steel wheel?

I tried using the website to calculate changes and it says the following (images attached)

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 5.43.20 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 5.43.11 pm.png

:thumbsup:

Yes, my current GP's are chrome. Its a finish I hadn't even considered before having those, but I love it.

You think the chrome will work on non banded?

It would be a place local to me doing it, they mentioned chrome when I enquired earlier in the week. They said it requires a clear top coat though to prevent it dulling over time, I assume this is common practice? A quick Google suggests so....

Back