Alternative for 18" Steel VW Amarok?

racerke600

T6 Pro

Hi,
I bought some banded steels from duchy (back in the days), 8,5 x 18inch for my t6.1.
They looked great etc... but they weren't without flaws.
It seemed they had a prominent judder.
I guess the cause was the bad quality of steel to start with, the wheels weren't VW original parts...
Anyways, i've been looking around for some original VW Amarok spare wheels, and already found 1 :-(​

But recently I saw that the VW ID.3 has some steels in the below specs.

ORIGINAL VW Felge Stahlfelge 7,5Jx18 Zoll 5-Loch ET 50 ID.3 1EA601027 03C
This would make a great candidate for replacing the VW Amarok steels and they are available in VW oem spec.

The only thing that I don't know yet is the load rating?

Do any of you guys here, have to contacts to ask this?

Greetings
Leo​

VW_FELGE_1EA60102703C_VW168U713S_202207260635_02.jpg

id3.png

Please ignore the above, it seems i was still half a sleep!
The ID3 has a bolt pattern of 5x112 and another center bore. :mad:

What about Tamar? That’s where I got mine from and they’re still non-banded as I couldn’t be bothered with the aggro

Hi,

Since you all decided to leave the eu(*), it's a pain to order stuff for a reasonable price :(
I ordered my banded wheels from duchy just before brexit.
Also I want original VW steels, not cheap copies that wobble all over the place.

Does Tamar do genuine VW steels?

Greetz

(*) just kidding

I've got the JBW pepperpots, quality seems good, they didnt do the Rok when i got mine tho..

I've had the ones you had and paint quality wasnt great, the Rok seems a closer copy of the Amarok. They must be sturdy as the quoted weight is very high mind you. Seems and alternative anyway for non banded.

There was folks that got the JBW ones banded. There will be examples of them in the Banded steels thread

Back