Morning all,

I'm trying to get hold of a set of Amarok steels. Does anyone know of anywhere with stock or the Part numbers so I can order from TPS maybe? Cheers Kev

Part number is 2H0 601 027 J

I’ve read they are for the south American market so not sure you will get via a UK VW parts supplier. Also John Brown Wheels do a similar looking 8J (Amaroks 7.5J) version which is load rated.

@Paynewright thanks for the reply and all the information! I'll have a nosey at John Brown and if I do find a supplier then I'll let you know! Thanks again!!

Just checked ebay and JBW only have one set of smoothie seconds ie no holes in black. Used to be many sets so wonder if covid affected supply?

@Kev_ currently got my name down with Simon @ SCVW. He’s got some coming in next week but I’m not sure if they have all gone. Nice guy just send him an email

Does anyone have any info on tyre size for the Amaroks to keep the speedo happy? I'm fairly low and from what I can see 255/50/18 seems to be the right size

Maybe with 25mm spacers all round

255/45 18 is the correct size. I’ve also got some 15mm front and 20mm spacers from Tamar wheels

Thanks man!! I'm currently running 245/35/20 on a 9j front on the front and 275/35/20 on 10.5 on the rear. I'm a T30

Genuine Amarok steels are notoriously difficult to get hold of, and once the usual suspects get stock, they sell out pretty quickly. I have my name on a set that are meant to be arriving soon.

I’m running 235/50r18 Bridgestone all season tyres but there isnt much choice with the load rating. Mine are 101 which is just OK for a T30. Rolling radius is near identical to the 16’s. I’ll probably go for 235/55 next time accepting the speedo will be out a little where there is more choice with the correct load rating (or higher)

Ian

Back