Vel - Tastic

chriscroft

15 years of VW T 'ing
VIP Member
T6 Legend
After 180,000 miles in y 2005 t5 vel, it's time for new wheels. T6 Vel Exec, 4 motion DSG 204hp + loads of extras :) Happy Days

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, is yours the expensive white?
Mine would have come with the same wheels as yours. They look good on yours (white), but for my colour I thought a silver wheel would be better. My Devonports are actually a lower spec wheel to yours, but i had to pay £250 extra at the order stage. Should have got the standard wheels, sold them and bought some Devonports nearly new (they go for only £550 inc tyres with delivery only miles)

I wanted 17" wheels, because of tyre choice, I have already changed mine to 235/60/17 Nokian weatherproofs, to fill the arches a bit more, plus fitted 25mm wheel spacers to improve the stance.

Does your rear bench seat have a centre arm rest. Vel exec spec says it should, bit mine doesn't????:thumbsdown:

Cool, is yours the expensive white?
Mine would have come with the same wheels as yours. They look good on yours (white), but for my colour I thought a silver wheel would be better. My Devonports are actually a lower spec wheel to yours, but i had to pay £250 extra at the order stage. Should have got the standard wheels, sold them and bought some Devonports nearly new (they go for only £550 inc tyres with delivery only miles)

I wanted 17" wheels, because of tyre choice, I have already changed mine to 235/60/17 Nokian weatherproofs, to fill the arches a bit more, plus fitted 25mm wheel spacers to improve the stance.

Does your rear bench seat have a centre arm rest. Vel exec spec says it should, bit mine doesn't????:thumbsdown:
It looks real nice in that colour, we got oryx white and most options free as dealer had a cancelled order with a mass of extras and they offered it a a very silly price, same as you, 204 dsg 4motion.
Oryx white wasn't my choice but I'm converted, on a sunny day it's amazing.

Yep we have the centre rest yours should too, sounds like dealer should put that right for you. Used van last week for overnight stay seats folded flat are very comfy.

Have you tried the chassis control yet, on sport it's great for throwing into corners.

Hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am, when I can get the keys off the wife.....

You must have got a cracking deal, judging how the extras mount up very quickly
I have taken the rear bench seat out, as we have dog cages in there, so I might try and get some cash back from VW as opposed to swapping the rear seat if I can.
Re- the suspension I haven't driven any other t6 to compare against, but against my old T5 Vel, it is by far the most impressive difference. Didn't really want the electric sliding Doors which come with the exec pack. But now we have them, wouldn't want to be with them:)

image.jpeg Yep ours too bought for dog and family transport........two cavaliers so small cage, we also have full car harnesses for when we need the seats.

We can travel lots of dogs, border collie agility dogs, the rear air con controlled from the front is a big bonus over our old se, which was either on/off from the drivers seat.
We've gone for the aux-heater with timer, when the van is parked up in a muddy field in winter I think keeping the interior at 15C will make it a bit more pleasurable for the dogs (and handlers). The dogs muscles/joints need to be warm(ish) before they compete, so it will only help. The 4 motion will help also with the muddy fields, but I think the engine is that pokey it will also help get the power down as well, I haver spun the front wheels a few times now (until the 4 motion cuts in) without even trying.
Have booked in with absolute5 for an invertor and 12v socket off the auxiliary battery. Plus the front speaker components upgraded with separate amp and sub under drivers seat.
Also got some pressed metal plates to fit.
Then that's it :rolleyes::rolleyes: or is it?

Reactions: HHO
Same for me . Went to get a blue one and came home with the beige after seeing it in the sun light. I only have a highline Kombi but I have had a few comments about how smart it looks. The 25 MM spacers sound good as the wheels look good but could do with spacing out on mine. I am thinking of fitting chrome side bars as the beige really looks good with some chrome on it or I'm going to see if I can get the side and tailgate strips you have.

Reactions: Rob
Your Kombi Looks spot on, I think the solid rear panels look true to the function of the vehicle.

I have just purchased some GENERATION SIX B-pillar badges form this forum's shop I think they will look spot on. Just subtle tweaks keeping it looking oem is the way I want to go.:)

Reactions: Rob
Same for me . Went to get a blue one and came home with the beige after seeing it in the sun light. I only have a highline Kombi but I have had a few comments about how smart it looks. The 25 MM spacers sound good as the wheels look good but could do with spacing out on mine. I am thinking of fitting chrome side bars as the beige really looks good with some chrome on it or I'm going to see if I can get the side and tailgate strips you have.
My last van ,similar color ,chrome side bars ,my kombi in Mojave beige gets built this week .

IMAG1167.jpg

That look great but mine isn't lowered so not sure as I haven't seen one on the road with standard wheels and hight . I don't want to fit anything to next March as its my company van and my insurance company wanted more to just change it over from the ford and even played up with adding a roofrack and towbar . I will change over on March and should get a better deal with extras . I have already had someone go in the back of it so it has to go in for a bumper respray and new bumper protector .

That look great but mine isn't lowered so not sure as I haven't seen one on the road with standard wheels and hight . I don't want to fit anything to next March as its my company van and my insurance company wanted more to just change it over from the ford and even played up with adding a roofrack and towbar . I will change over on March and should get a better deal with extras . I have already had someone go in the back of it so it has to go in for a bumper respray and new bumper protector .
That isn't lowered it looks like it is ,that's a t32 running 19" wheels ,and 45 profile .

Back