Nice one mate. I will be picking your brains again on the rear door lights. I've still not decided how to do it... But getting there, slowly.

Nice one mate. I will be picking your brains again on the rear door lights. I've still not decided how to do it... But getting there, slowly.

Thanks. And yep anytime. Message or call is no problem :thumbsup:

In preparation for the ride down to CJ next weekend been busy with improving the sounds. Ordered some speakers off the net on the 17th. In preparation for their arrival, door cards off and leftover silent coat as first layer.
fullsizeoutput_2fd.jpeg

Then some Dynamat on the inner door skin.
AFmpee8ISv67uQJAxFOJ7w.jpg

Then a layer of the sound foam stuff.

8wexY4ITSdOaMbsr%KGEIg.jpg

Started to panic as the speakers seemed lost in the post. Finally they arrived today. So out with the drill, rivets and OEM speakers removed.

XPNx6UgiSZayCr8It%GOwg.jpg

Unboxing

IMG_1757.JPG IMG_1758.JPG

Comparison
wJ4qk6FzTCmxkI70UXrnMg.jpg

New speaker riveted in using the rivets that were supplied. (These were the toughest rivets I've ever used.)(Thankfully speaker name is the right way up)

7CLQQDAtSuuI2kR1OJSO6Q.jpg

Then put everything back together (forgot pics of the tweeter install). Out for a test drive. All I can say is WOW I didnt think there would be such an improvement over OEM.

Ride down to Camper Jam will certainly be better sound wise now.

K9qDnk%kQAe9LATpn8Oo3Q.jpg

YYW34d+qTmWZnngM9+tbAw.jpg

Wp1prZtzTziHnCvzbEYqyA.jpg

Just come across your thread . . . great work fella =]

one question . . . where did you get the Leisure battery mounting plate/fixing from . . . looks like its a direct fit to the seat base and the Extreme battery fits upright with out fouling the seat.?

Just come across your thread . . . great work fella =]

one question . . . where did you get the Leisure battery mounting plate/fixing from . . . looks like its a direct fit to the seat base and the Extreme battery fits upright with out fouling the seat.?

Thanks.

I got the Leisure battery tray from MVM, he has them made. I did have to grind a tiny amount out of the seat base to get the battery to clear. Correct, no fouling of the seat. I also have a piece of carpet lined ply above the battery between the seat rails. No fouling at all.

https://www.megavanmats.com/product-page/volkswagen-vw-t5-t6-leisure-battery-tray-holder

Lovely work and looking forward to seeing further updates.

I am thinking about the Eton speaker upgrade, I gather from your comments that it is well worth it.

I think it’s worth it yes.

Next step of the transformation decided and ordered. More details to come.

Arrived home from work today @ 4pm to find a package on the garden chair.

Brew up, open package, read an excellent set of instructions (thanks @saxoboy ) and 45 mins later this :

Screenshot 2019-08-01 at 20.30.01.png

Looked like this:

XPf66dSkRva8NtiJtWWhFA.jpg

Work van Weds, just a quick pic as its me thats been doing most of the work. But today I've been to a couple of showrooms for a new front door as the mechanisms knackered in the old one.

fullsizeoutput_378.jpeg

Going back a tad, re the Air Bag warning, I take it removing the passenger side panel and unpluging the air bag triggers the warning when you put it back together?
Will the Carista reset air bag warnings? I may need to remove my side airbag to install a permanent switched supply for my dash cam.
Nice conversion nice wheels, where the original wheels Devonports?

Going back a tad, re the Air Bag warning, I take it removing the passenger side panel and unpluging the air bag triggers the warning when you put it back together?
Will the Carista reset air bag warnings? I may need to remove my side airbag to install a permanent switched supply for my dash cam.
Nice conversion nice wheels, where the original wheels Devonports?

Thanks. If you don't turn on the ignition with the airbag unplugged then when its all back together and then switch on you shouldn't get any warnings. Carista (iirc) does reset the airbag warning. So if you make sure the airbag is plugged in before turning on ignition then you will be fine.

Devonports are sat in the garage atm.

Thanks. If you don't turn on the ignition with the airbag unplugged then when its all back together and then switch on you shouldn't get any warnings. Carista (iirc) does reset the airbag warning. So if you make sure the airbag is plugged in before turning on ignition then you will be fine.

Devonports are sat in the garage atm.
Thank's, I will bear that in mind when I decide to install the dash cam perm supply.

Hmmmm I seem to have neglected this thread recently.

However to day I have mostly been messing with ply and suedeliner.

Black panel in the useless cubby hole, I managed to lose one of the spring clips, I saw it fly off as I was pulling the panel off and disappear somewhere in the van :/ :

GjPAzAyFTCiOf6Ia4lMFSw.jpg

The started work on the new ceiling. Also some round LED lights ordered. Next job is fit those early next week when they arrive. Then a strip of RGB LEDs for under the bit of ply thats not covered yet.

8kG9wLKPT5mzwrSSgiB3lg.jpg

After getting the van MOTed today I spent a couple of hours installing the black margin on the ceiling, and some RGBW LEDs above it.

Not sure why the main part looks grey in this photo (it is blue honest). :confused:

09A98FCE-FC88-4F19-BE02-C156878F7203.jpeg

The 6 white LEDs at the moment are working as courtesy lights (negative connected to the Brown/red of the OEM lights and positive to the Leisure battery). However they glow very slightly (although it seems to be not all the time :confused:).

I did buy a dimmer switch, to wire so the lights can be switched on independently of the courtesy circuit, but IM not sure it will work in this setup.

you can try a 1M-ohm, 1k-ohm or 100K-ohm resistor across the LED feed wires,

that may help . . . . . i think @Deaky mentioned it the other day.

2W 2Watt Power Superior Metal Film Resistor 1% Tolerance 1ohm to 2.2Mohm

Led Light Glow Courtesy Setting.

Or the other suggestion was a 12v Dc-dc regulator circuit that should stop that too.

you can try a 1M-ohm, 1k-ohm or 100K-ohm resistor across the LED feed wires,

that may help . . . . . i think @Deaky mentioned it the other day.

2W 2Watt Power Superior Metal Film Resistor 1% Tolerance 1ohm to 2.2Mohm

Led Light Glow Courtesy Setting.

Or the other suggestion was a 12v Dc-dc regulator circuit that should stop that too.

Thanks.

You sure that value is right? I thought Deaky recommends a 1k Ohm?

I'll try the resistor method, sounds simpler.

he used 1k ohm, so try that.

but any value higher may work up to a Meg or so . . . . . if the resister starts to get warm try upping the value. . . .

But as you ask Deaky has tried&tested @ 1K ohm.....

I've just ordered to 2W 1K ohm myself to keep in stock.....

The resistor just bleeds off any voltage/current leaks via the BCM or stray capacitance that can cause some or all of the leds to glow dimley.

a too lower resistor value will run warm/hot when the LEDS are running . . . . . if it stays cold/cool then your good.

Back