he used 1k ohm, so try that.

but any value higher may work up to a Meg or so . . . . . if the resister starts to get warm try upping the value. . . .

But as you ask Deaky has tried&tested @ 1K ohm.....

I've just ordered to 2W 1K ohm myself to keep in stock.....

The resistor just bleeds off any voltage/current leaks via the BCM or stray capacitance that can cause some or all of the leds to glow dimley.

a too lower resistor value will run warm/hot when the LEDS are running . . . . . if it stays cold/cool then your good.

Yep, I ordered 5 2W 1kOhm guess I can put a couple in series if I need :)

The 6 white LEDs at the moment are working as courtesy lights (negative connected to the Brown/red of the OEM lights and positive to the Leisure battery). However they glow very slightly (although it seems to be not all the time :confused:).
The BCM seems to fall half asleep after about a minute after closing all the doors, and fully asleep after another minute after locking the doors- does this make any sense with the glowing?

The BCM seems to fall half asleep after about a minute after closing all the doors, and fully asleep after another minute after locking the doors- does this make any sense with the glowing?

I don't know. I will investigate :)

cold beer is a real driver to complete that work mate. Look forward to seeing the new changes.

Realised the 12V lead on the fridge wont reach from near the tailgate to the socket I put in the drivers seat base pocket. Replaced that with a USB port and moved the 12V socket temporarily to near the rear wheel arch.

Just a quick update.

Im waiting for a pop top so decided I didnt want to stick an expensive panel on to the metal roof only to throw away when the pop top is fitted. So a 160W PU rigid panel attached to the OEM bars. Easy to put on for camping and remove when home.

BB9640B9-16BE-464A-B1EF-851C1421AFE0.jpeg

Bought an ARB fridge now I have solar and can work off grid.

However my worry was now draining the battery today I fitted a Victron Smart Battery Protect. I forgot to take a pic before putting the drivers seat back. SO this will have to do for now:

DE239A82-7293-424C-8F2E-4099A3AF3089.jpeg

Last edited:
Just came across this thread, fantastic work. Just starting my conversion and this thread is a goldmine of info.
Many thanks

One of my favourite threads - lots of inspiration (for my van that should finally turn up this week )

Just came across this thread, fantastic work. Just starting my conversion and this thread is a goldmine of info.
Many thanks
One of my favourite threads - lots of inspiration (for my van that should finally turn up this week )

Tha k you guys, much appreciated. I've been a bit lapse with this recently but I will endeavour to be a bit more thorough.

Fitted a Victron Bluetooth smart shunt. Lets me monitor the battery a bit better and what the solar is doing. Need to work out how to use the app properly now. Tidied up a few of the wires, but still looks like a bit of a birds nest.

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 14.07.28.png

Forgot to update. I wasnt keen on that panel I fitted as it gave a bit of wind noise at motorway speeds and I had to leave the wires fed through a slightly open window.
So that panel has gone and I've now fitted a Photonic Universe 180W semi flexible panel to the roof. Drilling a 30mm hole into my vans roof was a bit worrying, but its done now and stuck on with velcro :)

Great thread. Will soon be starting on my kombi conversion, its already been carpeted, but pulled on of the panels off and all the sound deadening and insulation has all come away from the panels, so will need to re-do. Great informative pictures of the cables through the grommets. Thanks

Great thread. Will soon be starting on my kombi conversion, its already been carpeted, but pulled on of the panels off and all the sound deadening and insulation has all come away from the panels, so will need to re-do. Great informative pictures of the cables through the grommets. Thanks
Thank you for the nice comment. I started this thread as a complete novice having to lean everything and got lots of help on here, so hoped what I wrote would help others. Enjoy doing your build and best of luck.

Just a quick update.

Im waiting for a pop top so decided I didnt want to stick an expensive panel on to the metal roof only to throw away when the pop top is fitted. So a 160W PU rigid panel attached to the OEM bars. Easy to put on for camping and remove when home.

View attachment 78822

Bought an ARB fridge now I have solar and can work off grid.

However my worry was now draining the battery today I fitted a Victron Smart Battery Protect. I forgot to take a pic before putting the drivers seat back. SO this will have to do for now:

View attachment 78823
Hi Skyliner. Im looking at mounting my rigid panel like this. Did you make the brackets or is this something that can be purchased?

Back