T6 LWB T30 140 Acapulco blue - Build Thread

Got a lot more done this weekend than planned so I couldnt resist doing a test fit of the RIB and the furniture -
Hi @xpfloyd, What width is your RIB please? How much space do you have both sides, from the furniture and the side of the van?

Hi @Wills , My kit allows a 1120mm RIB. I used the fitting kit from kiravans to bolt to the chasis below the floor and that dictates the seat position. Theres maybe 30mm gap to the furniture and a bit more towards the other side (enough to get your hand in and onto the lever)

I need some electrical help if anyone knows the answer here. My van has a 240v hookup under the bonnet. In my garage I have a double socket which runs off a fuse box also located in the garage. When my van is not in use am I able to connect the blue 240v socket to the standard plug 240v socket with a cable so that my trickle charger keeps the leisure battery topped up?

Are these cables readily available?

I won't lie, it was a bit scary putting a drill and a jigsaw to my newish van but I had done a tonne of reading of the build threads on the other forum so felt that I half knew what I was attempting to do. That's why I wanted to do a build thread myself in case anything I've done can help others later
Im getting my new van in march and I've never attempted a project like this , but im going to do do most of conversion myself to save money and im confident i can achieve this by reading all the threads on here from start to finish.
Im getting a kombi so theres already windows in it, but will i need to add another on back passenger side?

Have you fitted the propex heater yet? I have my tank fitted and need to get the heater fitted. Seriously considering driving to propex to get it done but it's quite the distance!

Have you fitted the propex heater yet? I have my tank fitted and need to get the heater fitted. Seriously considering driving to propex to get it done but it's quite the distance!
Sorry for the slow response, I havent logged in here in a while. I fitted the underslung tank last year and then didnt fit the heater or pipework so its on the list for this year. Im in the middle of re-doing my bathroom at the moment so as soon as thats complete im tackling the heater job. Ill post some photos of what I end up doing for it, got a few ideas but need to get under the van and make sure the heater unit fits where I want it to go

Hi Great build thread i was wondering what insulation did you use between 9mm ply & 12mm on floor and what side step do you have to accomodate this thanks.

Coming soon......:cool: . Just got a rake of bits to get for it. First time I have saw blackberry in the flesh - lovely colour!! Pity this will be blue soon :)

Thanks @Gingercoastie , great bit of wrapping. Bumper arrived unscathed

DBCDF7E4-82EC-426B-9310-81AE3A5D20B7.jpeg

Now I need to decide between the caravelle grille as my original idea or the new badgeless grilles.

@Pauly could you let me know how much the lower centre grille would be?

Hi

Just read your thread in full...really interesting! I found it because we have just bought an Acapulco blue van so I am looking for inspiration for what colour flooring, lining units etc. Can I ask what colour your floor is? I really like it and think it goes well with the Acapulco blue. Have your found it serviceable? With three little kids I am keen for something that doesn’t show all the dirt!

All the best
TJ

Thanks @Tjf !. The flooring is Altro Walkway and the colour is “river”. It’s got a sort of speckle through it so doesn’t show the dirt easily. It also cleans very easily, I normally use wet wipes as we have them with us for my baby. Even with my 4 year old jumping all over it it’s been great

If your mate is a kitchen fitter then I reckon 2 days between you should be fine. The hardest part is the fact that the instructions are crap. Add to that the odd piece that's missing etc and the time soon adds up. Their customer service is top notch though and they always posted out missing stuff the next day. I can't remember exactly but I think I done the bulk of it over two weekend shifts and then done the rest in phases at night when I had time.

What kit are you going for? Mine is the 5.4 F
Where do you buy kits from and is there different ones?

Back