T6 LWB T30 140 Acapulco blue - Build Thread

Like you I have done a full fitout in my T6 and used a SCA roof that i fitted. One of the biggest problems i have had since completing the job in 2016/17, and now having driven 45,oookm all around Australia is the single house battery fitted under the passengers seat. That has given me some heart ache with some of the seat wires shorting out at one point due to the swivelling seat. The biggest deep cycle battery I could fit appeared to be a 55ah wit’s a 250w solar panel on the roof as well but it is really not big enough and i would like to fit a bigger battery. With limited space i noted that you appeared to also put one under the drivers seat. Have you linked the two together?

Garry

Like you I have done a full fitout in my T6 and used a SCA roof that i fitted. One of the biggest problems i have had since completing the job in 2016/17, and now having driven 45,oookm all around Australia is the single house battery fitted under the passengers seat. That has given me some heart ache with some of the seat wires shorting out at one point due to the swivelling seat. The biggest deep cycle battery I could fit appeared to be a 55ah wit’s a 250w solar panel on the roof as well but it is really not big enough and i would like to fit a bigger battery. With limited space i noted that you appeared to also put one under the drivers seat. Have you linked the two together?

Garry
Have you got the room underneath to mount them?

Or just use an AGM battery and out it on its side? I had a 110ah one like that under a swivel no probs

Do you know the measurements of that batter.

thats the one. i have now set it upright as we have ditched the drivers swivel - it set the seat too high for me for driving.. but we had no issues what so ever with it on its side.

Thanks for that information. I need to remove the seats and again measure what space i have available and see if i can get one under each seat.
Garry

Garry
Sorry for the really late reply Garry. I only have one leisure battery which is under the drivers seat. My passenger seat space is filled with a subwoofer and enclosure. With regards to clearance to the swivel seat I have just enough room to get the battery below and all the cables so havent had any shorting out issues. The red plastic cover on the live terminal helps with this. Hope you got your issue resolved.

Thanks for the reply. With covid and trying to build a new house i have not had a chance to look but the photo gives me incentive as soon as i am into the house to pull out the drivers seat and fit another battery there to double up on the storage.

garry

First mod in a while from me. Quite a simple one this time but really changes the look of the handbrake area. Only took 30 secs to fit too.

Since I lowered the handbrake I have been driving around with it like this -

50426869811_da91b7b5e6_b.jpg50422669388_046b012244_o by VW T6, on Flickr

But today I fitted the lowered handbrake cover from Dub Plastics and it looks 100% better! Fit is good using the existing mounting points and the finish looks factory.

50427044732_ea95a12c1b_b.jpg50423528892_011cc7a1d1_o by VW T6, on Flickr

Last edited:
Oh, just remembered, I also ordered the Reimo Palm Beach LWB awning today with 1x side wall. Will test it this weekend as I am away in the camper for two nights with the kids. Will post some photos here of it set up

Few more jobs done today. First of all I mounted a new USB 3.0 dash mount socket into the little blanking cap on top of the dash and connected it to the USB input of my headunit. I can now use the spotify APP on the headunit to control spotify on my phone.

I then took the pop top trim off and installed a new one. The old one had the bulb going to the side in the way and didnt close the gap to the van completely so I bought one with the bulb going down the way. Thought this would be a 10 min job but took over an hour!

Finally, I removed the cab headliner, trimmed it with the same carpet I done the rear walls and reinstalled it. Looks much better now.

Before -

50437408332_338fea4b66_b.jpgIMG_0649 by VW T6, on Flickr

After -

50437233886_ecfb22ba33_b.jpgIMG_0653 by VW T6, on Flickr

Can anyone help?? - In the process of removing the headliner I was messing about with the courtesy lights to try and remove them and the lights went off (as if I blew a fuse). Now the light doesnt come on when you open the door and the reading lights dont work either. The light doesnt come on when you open the side slider either. I have a lightbulb warning light on my dash now too. I have checked as many of the fuses that I could access below the glove box and they are all fine.

Anyone got any ideas??

EDIT - Sorted the issue with this thread - Interior and sidelights out - can’t find fuse

The larger 7.5 fuse further down had blown. All sorted now

Last edited:
Carpetted headliner refitted and lights working again :cool: (I think Im going to buzzweld the A pillars, grab handle and cubby hole. Need to work out what to do about the visors)

50436633263_1b206919c1_b.jpgIMG_0655 by VW T6, on Flickr

Been getting Buzz ready for the lockdown restrictions being lifted. Little mod I done today was change the old plates for pressed aluminium ones. Absolutely loving the look! Much cleaner than the ones I had which had a Scotland flag and a honeycomb background 980AAC44-851C-46CE-BFC3-C320F10273B8.jpegB5B4472E-1310-4FCB-BFB2-9A8FE4BE3CC9.jpeg

Been getting Buzz ready for the lockdown restrictions being lifted. Little mod I done today was change the old plates for pressed aluminium ones. Absolutely loving the look! Much cleaner than the ones I had which had a Scotland flag and a honeycomb background View attachment 113514View attachment 113515
Those plates look great, care to post where you got them from please?

Back