T6 LWB T30 140 Acapulco blue - Build Thread

Paul should be able to confirm but I believe all the bumpers fit all the T6 vans. The difference in codes is that some have washer pop outs, some don’t etc. I didn’t even check part numbers, I just bought a high line bumper without washer pop outs and it fitted

The first part number you posted is a fixing kit (screws) for a front bumper, the second part number is for a highline front bumper

Capture.PNG

So.......I have been trying to get time to install the Propex heater for a while now. Its the biggest PITA job I have done out of the entire conversion. I had to widen my garage opening and fit new doors to get the van in. I then had to purchase a new trolley jack as the one I had wasnt man enough. I've now got it up on stands and have just today finished fitting the heater using a custom bracket.

I used 4mm thick stainless steel L brackets and Sikaflex'd them into position. I then added self tapping screws into the vans steelwork (I have the Propex HS2211 so there isnt a bracket available). Feels really solid now.

Brackets - (Excuse the excess Sika. I was doing it blind as had to fit with the heater attached to ensure the correct spacing. I thought more was better then less)

46660717962_f59cbbe2c6_h.jpgVWT6.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr

And then the heater bolted to the brackets utilising the existing holes in the heater -

32838415738_29155f27fc_h.jpgVWT6-2.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr

I already fitted the LPG tank last year so next job is to run the pipework then install the electrics and ducting for the heater

Need a little help guys if possible from anyone with a Propex heater. I was planning on fitting the pigtail and regulator into position today and cant work out where the best place for the regulator is. Worried about the proximity to the exhaust as the pigtail passes it.

Could someone kindly post a photo showing that area so that I can see where the regulator lives?

Thanks in advance

Propex Heater install update -

Complete -

LPG tank fitted
Regulator fitted
Propex Heater fitted using custom bracket
Exhaust pipe attached
Air intake pipe attached
Drivers door step cored
Cold air recirc duct attached and grille mounted on door step
Living area floor cored
Hot air feed duct installed

Still to do -

Fit hot air vent outlet once it arrives
Fit LPG filler point and hose
Fit LPG cut off solenoid
Install gauge to LPG tank
Install gauge and thermostat inside van
Wiring to heater
Wiring to solenoid
Gas pipe work

Hoping to get it complete this weekend all going well and do a test fill to check for leaks. I need this job to be over!

Few more jobs ticked off the propex install list -

Hot air vent outlet fitted
Wiring to heater complete
Gas pipe work complete
Thermostat control mounted

I can now turn the heater on to recirculate the cold air in the van. This weekend I’ll fit the remaining lpg bits and bobs and will do a test fill to check for leaks. All going well the propex install will be complete.

I’ll post some photos of the various components on the install

FINALLY - I HAVE HEAT!!!

Finished the Propex Install today. Had a bit of an issue (as discussed in the Propex thread) whereby I couldnt get my heater to fire after I finished the install. Ended up having to purchase a longer combustion air intake pipe and move it closer to the exhaust. 4 days and a lot of swearing later and its finally working as it should be. Thank god for that.

Thats the interior pretty much finished I think. RIB seat bolted in and trim panels attached either side of the frame -

View attachment 9770VWT6.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr

View attachment 9771VWT6-2.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr

View attachment 9772VWT6.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr

Annoying discovery today though when I realised I've had a chip on my front bumper and the paint has flaked off!!:mad:

View attachment 9773VWT6-4.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr
I also have an Acapulco blue metallic finish and have an area where the paint has just peeled off exactly like this and there was no chip or damage there as far as I know or can see.. its annoying

I also have an Acapulco blue metallic finish and have an area where the paint has just peeled off exactly like this and there was no chip or damage there as far as I know or can see.. its annoying
The reason it happened on mine is because It started life as a black startline bumper and someone (dealer?) sprayed it blue. I have since changed the bumper for a highline one and done have any issues now

Ah ha !! Now that sounds like the exact reason for mine to have the same issue ..and that’s why there appears to be a very smooth black surface under the flaking paint !!! Of course it all adds up .
Thanks for that info it’s solved a mystery
Actually maybe not I've just realised the bumper and wheel arch are separate parts duh !! And mine is flaking on the wheel arch hmmmm

Thats the interior pretty much finished I think. RIB seat bolted in and trim panels attached either side of the frame -

View attachment 9770VWT6.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr

View attachment 9771VWT6-2.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr

View attachment 9772VWT6.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr

Annoying discovery today though when I realised I've had a chip on my front bumper and the paint has flaked off!!:mad:

View attachment 9773VWT6-4.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr
Hmm second post of an Acapulco blue with this same issue ! I’ve got one with the same kind of area where the paint has simply just flaked off in a patch .. I saw it flapping in the wind one day whilst I was showering the van off at the car wash .. as far as I can see there is no sign of any damage just a small area where the paint seems to have not properly bonded with whatever is underneath it .. it’s annoying

Use a jigsaw from either the inside or outside, get the longest thickest blade from Toolstation and hold like a reciprocal saw.
You’ll still find rusty filings weeks later

Just read from start to finish, what a great job, it must give an immense sense of pride and satisfaction when you’ve done a conversion yourself rather than having someone else do it, just wish I had the skill and cahoonas to do something like that.
That was a monster road trip to get the van as well wasn’t it? I see you’re in Glasgow and Feeder Road Commercials are just down the road from me.

Just read from start to finish, what a great job, it must give an immense sense of pride and satisfaction when you’ve done a conversion yourself rather than having someone else do it, just wish I had the skill and cahoonas to do something like that.
That was a monster road trip to get the van as well wasn’t it? I see you’re in Glasgow and Feeder Road Commercials are just down the road from me.
Thanks very much. Yeah it was really enjoyable doing it (apart from a few select tasks :) ). Yeah ideally I would have got the van somewhere closer than Feeder Commercials but I wanted that specific colour and it was the first van I found in my budget so just went for it.

Back