T6 LWB T30 140 Acapulco blue - Build Thread

Aye same here. Fitted it in place but have not plumped all the pipes in. Fitting a 3 way manifold after the regulator looks straightforward enough. Routing all the gas pipes to the various places looks less so :(

Will just use black spray guard. It will look less like a bomb I guess.

Awesome thread, this is exactly why I joined this group I have the same plans in mind, so if it's alright with you I'm going to use this thread like a jigsaw box lid. Great job

As a longtime caravanner, may I remind those who drain grey water to the outside to always use a bucket to contain the grey water and to empty it down a waste drain. I am sure this is an unnecessary reminder but some motor caravans don't do this and get all caravanners a bad name. As an example see @Fish's post on page 47 of "Where have you been in your van today?" and I hasten to add that @Fish is NOT the guilty party.

that could possibly be fresh water draining there, but I get your point, whether fresh or grey, the general public wont know which it is and will assume the worst

that could possibly be fresh water draining there, but I get your point, whether fresh or grey, the general public wont know which it is and will assume the worst
Sorry for the slow reply. Thanks for the compliment! Be sure to start a thread for your build, I really like reading other peoples too

Once I phoned they emailed the correct (poor) diagram but also gave me a link to a section of their website that contains loads of detail photos of all the kits so once I got stuck I could refer to the photos

Hi @xpfloyd -

I've been going over your build to gain a little insight into the Evo kit. Mine arrived today and was hoping to get a little fitting instructions..

Do you still have the link to the photos on their website? I've searched and can't see anything on their site..

Thanks

Andy

WOW @xpfloyd I see what you mean about the instructions. Believe it or not, the step 3 says “Now build units”.

Need to be psychic to build this chuffing thing. Bits missing, instructions not updated,.... ridiculous!!

I don’t know anyone that has had a full kit sent and no issues with it. Pieces missing and wrong design the majority of problems.

Majestic wood design we’re great with my units!

I won’t deny it’s problematic with the lack of instructions and little confidence that all pieces were delivered. Taken me 3 days to build it.

26799D4F-D6DF-4FAA-BB22-5BC52493887E.jpeg

Question for @xpfloyd

When you put your back board on the 2 cut out recesses. Did you do as per diagram? You can see the side of the van.. going to have to look for a back piece for mine.

WOW @xpfloyd I see what you mean about the instructions. Believe it or not, the step 3 says “Now build units”.

Need to be psychic to build this chuffing thing. Bits missing, instructions not updated,.... ridiculous!!
Yeah you would think they would spend a bit of time and get the instructions sorted out

Probably makes the £300 for it to come fully built worth it then?

Didnt even realise that was an option!

I don’t know anyone that has had a full kit sent and no issues with it. Pieces missing and wrong design the majority of problems.

Majestic wood design we’re great with my units!

In Evos credit they were quick to post out each item I realised was missing. Think it was 4 in all

When you put your back board on the 2 cut out recesses. Did you do as per diagram? You can see the side of the van.. going to have to look for a back piece for mine.

I realised that was going to look crap so I got a bit of hardboard and spray glued the carpet I used to line my van on it. I then nailed it to the back of the tall unit. So now the back of the 3 shelfs are sealed but also when you look from the outside of the van in the way you dont see right into my wardrobe. I leave the rear drivers side black out blind permanently closed too behind the wardrobe

I realised that was going to look crap so I got a bit of hardboard and spray glued the carpet I used to line my van on it. I then nailed it to the back of the tall unit. So now the back of the 3 shelfs are sealed but also when you look from the outside of the van in the way you dont see right into my wardrobe. I leave the rear drivers side black out blind permanently closed too behind the wardrobe
Does the off side rear window work for you? I was advised not to make it a proper window and leave the metal panel in place. I'd rather go your way :)
Also, the Evo furniture looks a cracking option apart from the issues mentioned in your thread. Is the actual finished product a quality solution / option?
I'm considering a ready built unit that I'll actual see when I pick up in my van.

Does the off side rear window work for you? I was advised not to make it a proper window and leave the metal panel in place. I'd rather go your way :)
Also, the Evo furniture looks a cracking option apart from the issues mentioned in your thread. Is the actual finished product a quality solution / option?
I'm considering a ready built unit that I'll actual see when I pick up in my van.
I didn’t want to panel over the rear window as about 400mm of it is visible in my van and it lets a nice amount of light in and allows the rear passengers a view. With regards to the quality of the evo kit it’s absolutely spot on, feels solid and really looks the part (issues aside)

With regards to the quality of the evo kit it’s absolutely spot on, feels solid and really looks the part (issues aside)

I agree with this. The finished units are great. Just painful to construct. I dont regret going to Evo. Their designs are great with good storage so no issues.

I wasn’t aware they did a completed unit for 300. I would have gone for that just to save my fingers when hammering the trims in place. 300 seems cheap knowing the pain I had to go through.

£300 is a bargain. I'm planning to pop down in my van to pick the units up. Maybe they could fit it too :)

Back