Short of paying VW £180 can anyone confirm if a LHD version will work?
Also the VW dealer have said there are another three digits beyond the part number
6R0907357C - are these extra digits important?
Mine is from LHD Passat CC and also from Poland
Thanks for the confirmation, guess the C is important and that a B wouldn’t work?...

I’ve found a Headlight Range Control Module with a part-number that doesn’t have a letter after the digits. It’s from a U.K. seller and states it’s off a Beetle MY12-16.
What’s the consensus on this working?

I’ve found a Headlight Range Control Module with a part-number that doesn’t have a letter after the digits. It’s from a U.K. seller and states it’s off a Beetle MY12-16.
What’s the consensus on this working?
No idea.
It should be C at the end but assuming that the last letter indicates revision only there is a good chance that it might work.
I would chance it if its priced up to £20( I got mine second hand for approx £35 including delivery).

Some extra info below

Reactions: mmi
No idea.
It should be C at the end but assuming that the last letter indicates revision only there is a good chance that it might work.
I would chance it if its priced up to £20( I got mine second hand for approx £35 including delivery).

Some extra info below
Yeah I saw those posts re: the security codes, and this new bookmark feature comes in handy.
Cheers mate, I’ll give it a go

Success.......

Thanks to Pauly and his loom, worth every penny, the lights are in and working. Grateful of having my factory led fitted t6 sat next to it for coding tips.

I've used lhd headlights but cheated...... customer is going abroad with it and wanted lhd! He paid £500 for both headlights and modules out of a 19 plate california from spain.

Body control was 090c

Customer sourced a polo 6r range module for £60.

Cheap!

Yeah I saw those posts re: the security codes, and this new bookmark feature comes in handy.
Cheers mate, I’ll give it a go
I am not sure if this is going to help you but
I just looked up my favourite online store and they have:
8 variants of 6R0907357
2 variants of 6R0907357B
variants of 6R0907357C

T5 Cotswold Parts are advertising a pair of headlights - with power modules - for £1450, and state they’ll supply a plug and play loom for £200.
No talk of the headlight range-control module, the level sensors or the illumination adjuster, mind.

Tempting, but I’m not sure whether that’s a good price or not.

I would suggest that is a lot of money for second hand parts unless they are mint and the later revision from a newer van.
You could get brand new with modules for not too much more which is why I decided to bite the bullet and buy new. I did struggle with my mind for a good few months to come to that conclusion though.
I bought a previously enjoyed headlight range ecu (55) and made up the looms with a mixture of repair wires and terminals, but I am lucky to have access to a VAS 1978 wiring repair kit from a friend.
Good luck what ever you decide, they are fantastic, I am happy with my decision and very well worth it.
And can I say a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who contributed to the thread especially Pauly and Robert for grinding through the coding by trial and error, it saved me a lot of head scratching and money by doing it myself.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Firstly thank you for the hard work @Pauly and @Robert!

I almost connect all the wires. I check the whole tread but I can’t find where the wires from the old plug goes to the new plugs

From the old plug (uk driver side):
Pin 2 - red and blue goes to - ??
Pin 1 - black and purple goes to -??
Pin 10 - grey and red goes to - ??

Old plug (uk passenger side)
Pin 1 - yellow and grey goes to - ??
Pin 2 - red and blue goes to - ??
Pin 10 - grey and black goes to - ??

the low and high beam works perfect but not the side and dlr.

ps. No coding yet.

I’m attaching few pictures
9B481F14-529F-4A91-9027-DCBC28DE22B2.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

If you are running new wiring for PWM and LED sides plus range control
then insulate all 6 wires and leave them unused.
I am going to guess that if you switch your engine on your low and high beam will start to misbehave?

I presume you have seen this?

Last edited:
Yes. Thank you.
On the BCM pin 56 I have already a wire blue and green. Do I need to connect one more wire to the blue and green or ...?

The rest pins are free 5, 6 & 28

image.jpgimage.jpg

I used it to retrofit LED tail lights on my Skoda Superb a few years ago which could not be done safely any other way back then.

535F7629-CFB2-4A6B-B322-1D0D6BAFF444.jpeg

C391E139-0A15-4446-ABCF-2D7ADFEF07A4.jpeg

D5F995ED-3D15-4316-9DC9-2E70A41B308D.jpeg

E5312EA5-4737-48BE-8B19-5879C96CD8EF.jpeg

3D76A8BD-CF2C-4122-8F90-CD21F1D3D435.jpeg

F3334778-BF5E-416A-9A43-1DF4CAC9218F.jpeg

@Robert or @Pauly do you guys have access to VAG Helper with updated T6 data? The cells of Byte 18 can then be read with ODIS engineering and updated that way.
I don't have access to VAG Helper but
Byte 18 Bit 0-1 Parking light
Byte 18 Bit 3-4 Indicator lights
Byte 18 Bit 5 High beam
Byte 18 Bit 6-7 Brake lights
and every bit can be tweaked manually with VCDS(via LCode2).

Do you have a full list of 09 bytes and bits or is it just a case of going through and playing with them as some of the bits don't show up as a tick box on VCDS even though.
Like do you have a list of byte 23 bits?
I want to fit T6.1 rear LEDs without the need for a resistor which I was able to do with my Skoda LED tail lights where others need to fit a resistor to stop the fast flashing

Sweet, that is a big help.
Anyone have byte 18 info for the T6.1?
Mind you knowing them they have changed the BCM for something completely different spoiling our fun tinkering.

I want to fit T6.1 rear LEDs without the need for a resistor which I was able to do with my Skoda LED tail lights where others need to fit a resistor to stop the fast flashing
Have a read here ---> Oem T6 Led Rear Lights With Sequential Led Indicator "retrofit"

Like do you have a list of byte 23 bits?
23,0, alternative power supply for high beam and terminal 58d
23,1, no rear fog light in high beam
23,2, daytime running light output (bit 2), 10: TFL over dipped beam, 11: TFL over parking light
23,3, daytime running light output (bit 1), 00: TFL via TFL, 01: TFL via fog lights
23,4, switch off the daytime running light with the handbrake pulled
23,5, daytime running light with parking light
23,6, "Daytime running light" function active
23,7, turn off daytime running light when flashing

Do you have a full list of 09 bytes and bits or is it just a case of going through and playing with them as some of the bits don't show up as a tick box on VCDS even though.
Byte 09: LIN bus

09,2, Selective short stroke function (with terminal S OFF) active
09,3, multifunction steering wheel (MFL) installed
09,4, electric windows (eFH) rear mounted
09,5, electric windows (eFH) front mounted
09,7, Short stroke active

The T6.1 LED tail lights lend themselves perfectly for the indicator sweep, not that is why I was asking, just want to get rid of the fast indication and indicator bulb out warning on the dash WITHOUT needing the resistor. The factory have done it so it would be nice they allow it with the last batch build T6 I have like Skoda did in 2014 with the earlier car being able to have the BCM coded correctly for LED, and like some people reporting BCM support for T5.1 with the T6 LED headlight retrofits.
I see Kufatec sell a loom now with an incorporated resistor.

Back