T6 Bulbs & Lamps

Would it be worth contacting fleet operators who use their vans in darkness, e.g. RAC for their drivers' views? Fleets might carry more weight.
The AA guy that came out to visit me after I had a low oil warning couldn't wait to get onto the subject of lights.
He changed the headlight bulbs for some of the 150% bulbs himself and was researching led reversing bulbs. But as he pointed out there is only a tiny slot one side of the vehicle for the light to come out of.

Hi @BIgben But at least you can upgrade the rear lights to LED through the Forum Shop and then have twin rear fogs and twin reversing lights, so all good. The LED rear lights look good too. :cool:

Yes, about the same as upgrading H4 to H7. Bonus is that when on the Continent you have a high-viz rear light on the offside instead of just on the continental nearside. Covers your back side. :thumbsup::whistle:

I just can't spend the money after spending out as much as I have for the van.
People are talking about spending 500 or 1000 or even more just to have acceptable lights on a 30k+ vehicle.

I just can't spend the money after spending out as much as I have for the van.
People are talking about spending 500 or 1000 or even more just to have acceptable lights on a 30k+ vehicle.
@BIgben Sadly that is the situation that VW has created by its penny-pinching and then it just denies that there is a problem with the H4 lights by sticking the corporate head in the sand. They don't recognize there is a problem because they haven't recorded any incidence, it being left by its complaints system to the Dealers to find any excuse why it is anything other than that which the complaint is about, blaming the complainant if at all possible.

It cost me less than £10 to fit a extra reversing light under the bumpers so now I have better lights on the back than the front .

It's just hiding it's modesty, what with all of these 17 plates lording it around.

Have you done the front and rear indicators as well Studley?

I did the rear indicators with the same LED in amber but got the bulb out light and fast flash so i took them out, they need resistors but dont no where to put the safely because of the heat they produce, so i shelved that one for now. I have done the sides, all fine, but i image the fronts will do the same error + i cant get me hands in there :mad:.

I did the rear indicators with the same LED in amber but got the bulb out light and fast flash so i took them out, they need resistors but dont no where to put the safely because of the heat they produce, so i shelved that one for now. I have done the sides, all fine, but i image the fronts will do the same error + i cant get me hands in there :mad:.
Have the reverse led been OK ? Any light out warning.
If all good have you got a link .
Cheers

Have the reverse led been OK ? Any light out warning.
If all good have you got a link .
Cheers

Yes thay have been fine so mate . Let me just double check which one i use when i get to work in morning and are pop the link up for you.

Back