T6 Bulbs & Lamps

Good for you @Paul Morley and thank you for offering to keep the forum updated. We await your progress report and you may wish to PM a copy of your letter to @Pauly so that he can consider a T6 Forum standard format Letter of Complaint available on request only so that members only have to fill in those details applicable to their case. Apologies @Pauly for lemoning you like this !

This may be of use if you would rather write a letter but its not customer care
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles,
Selecta Post 14,
Sheffield,
S97 3ZT.

This may be of use if you would rather write a letter but its not customer care
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles,
Selecta Post 14,
Sheffield,
S97 3ZT.

Thanks for that. Just started a thread with a poll in it so we can see if is just a few of us moaning minnies or if there is a large undercurrent!

@Bigben and @Paul Morley you could always use this address: Customer Care Team, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (UK), c/o Volkswagen Group (UK), Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 5AN. Even if this is not where the CCT of VW CV is located it should find the correct department and perhaps generate wider attention than expected.

Last edited:
As promised VWs response to my complaint not totally unexpected just a fob off next stop VW van Center to get them checked there perhaps if a few more owners made a complaint they might sit up

img001.jpg

Just a bit confused by some of the comments. Aren't H4 and H7 different types of Bulb? H4s have a twin filament, H7s a single. How would you interchange them?

We should be checking with other countries to see if they are raising the same questions or want to join a wider campaign, anyone have language skills, German van forum would be a good place to start?

Would it be worth contacting fleet operators who use their vans in darkness, e.g. RAC for their drivers' views? Fleets might carry more weight.

Just to be clear the ones in the shop are standard xenon white lamps and not led, easy to fit as there is an access hatch inside wheel arch, put steering on full lock and it moves tyre out of way and you can see the oval access hatch directly in front of wheel, wires/connector pulls off and lamp twists and comes out, give me 5 minutes and i will change the price in the shop as they are wrong, managed to get a better price on them now
Hi, just to say thanks for the refund on the bulbs, I was a little too quick on the ordering :thumbsup:

I understand that Phillips will soon be releasing an H4 LED direct swop headlight bulb, that might do the trick, anyone got any recommendation in the meantime for H4 upgrades?

Just to be clear the ones in the shop are standard xenon white lamps and not led, easy to fit as there is an access hatch inside wheel arch, put steering on full lock and it moves tyre out of way and you can see the oval access hatch directly in front of wheel, wires/connector pulls off and lamp twists and comes out, give me 5 minutes and i will change the price in the shop as they are wrong, managed to get a better price on them now
Fitted these yesterday, took 20 mins to do all 6, nice and easy and a bargain. Need some white DRL bulbs to match now.

@Pauly ,do you know what type bulb is in the caravelle /generation6 front step light .They are small capless bulbs 4 individual in each light .
I think the could be like a dash light ,going to try some led if I can match one up

Not sure, I have looked at one and they seemed non replaceable so didn't go into it, not sure what 'number' the bulb would be to source a replacement, have you/can you remove the original lamps from the fitting ?

Not sure, I have looked at one and they seemed non replaceable so didn't go into it, not sure what 'number' the bulb would be to source a replacement, have you/can you remove the original lamps from the fitting ?
Yes you can remove them ,I have taken them out ,but not sure what they are .

I would think a standard led wedge would go in there, you could have a choice of colours

Back