T6 Turning / Fog Light Bulb which ones should I get? White LEDs?

loonytoon

T6 Fog Light Bulb which ones should I get? White LEDs?

I've seen prices from £17 to £40+

Assume as long as they are CanBus ok / Error Free thats all I need?

CHEAP ONES £17

OR

MIDDLE OF THE ROAD £35

MORE EXPENSIVE £40

Do you have the cornering lights where they fade up on turns? If so they may not play well with LED - they're the only non LED lamps on my Caravelle for this reason.

There's a thread around where folks had fitted ice white conventional lamps that much more closely match the colour temperature of the LED headlight if that's what you are after.

Even with the most expensive LED bulbs don’t expect an increase in illumination, IMO they are far worse.

It's just physics, you're replacing a point source with something that emits over a very large area, it's hard to match the optics.

If you look at designed from the outset LED lights they are a very different optical design

Found it:

Post in thread 'T6.1 led front driving/fog lights' T6.1 led front driving/fog lights
Awesome thanks

Even with the most expensive LED bulbs don’t expect an increase in illumination, IMO they are far worse.
To be fair I am not after more illumination as the Headlights on mine are awesome :)
So maybe just replace with some standard Bright Blue / Hyper White bulbs then ;)
It's just physics, you're replacing a point source with something that emits over a very large area, it's hard to match the optics.

If you look at designed from the outset LED lights they are a very different optical design

Its more about the same lighting as the Headlights and to get rid of the yellow / orange fog light colour currently.

I’ve had these in for over 12 months without any problems.

I’ve had these in for over 12 months without any problems.
Do they work well with the cornering function fade in and out?

You have to have H4 headlights to notice any change in illumination with the cornering function.
It's more I don't want to put on an inadvertent disco strobe while cornering and dazzle folks into crashing in to me...

It's more I don't want to put on an inadvertent disco strobe while cornering and dazzle folks into crashing in to me...
You won’t dazzle anybody, it’s so low I’ll doubt they’ll even notice.

T6 Fog Light Bulb which ones should I get? White LEDs?

I've seen prices from £17 to £40+

Assume as long as they are CanBus ok / Error Free thats all I need?

CHEAP ONES £17

OR

MIDDLE OF THE ROAD £35

MORE EXPENSIVE £40

I bought & fitted these:

1690986526465.png

Yellow is not to everyone's taste, but certainly a lot better colour than bright white to break through the mist when driving on a wet & foggy A66 road into Cumbria. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Cornering function works fine, they start to fade out slightly then just turn off. No strobing or odd things happen.
Thanks for checking, useful info. Depending on how the fade is done (voltage or PWM) and the drivers in the LED they can interact in very strange ways and I'd rather not find out with the van in bits :thumbsup:

Thanks for checking, useful info. Depending on how the fade is done (voltage or PWM) and the drivers in the LED they can interact in very strange ways and I'd rather not find out with the van in bits :thumbsup:

Well i am just giving these a go! as they are cheap!

Fingers crossed

Back