T6 Daytime Running Lights - Bulb Replacement

HicksFamVan

I've had the bulb warning light go off on my 2016 T6 Caravelle. Had a look and I beleive it is the driver side daytime running light (it's the area marked in red on the attached photo). I ordered a new bulb and had ten minutes free this afternoon to try and replace it, an hour later I hadn't got any further!

I beleive the lights are the standard H4 so consulted the manual to try and find out how to get to the correct bulb but what the manual referred to as daytime running lights didn't seem to bare any resemblance to what I was looking at. I would really appreciate some help with the following:

1. Are these actually the daytime running lights?
2. Am I right in assuming these are H4 lights?
3. Have I massively underestimated the task? Is it going to be a wheel/bumper/grill off job?
4. Does anyone have any diagrams/instructions to help me get it sorted?

Thanks in advance.
1710705191122.jpeg

Yes those are your drls. You have the H7 lights though, you can do those in situ, probably easier to remove the air box as it gives you a bit more room on that side. I’ve done mine like that.

I have got the same lights. It is possible to do them in situ, I agree it is easier with the air box top cover removed. The easiest way I have found is to get your head right inside the engine bay looking in to the back of the light so you can see what you are doing. You can do it by feel but it is not easy, get your head right in there and it is much easier.

Back