1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T6 Bulbs & Lamps

Discussion in 'Electrics, Lighting, ICE' started by Pauly, 6 Jul 2016.

1. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    I want to put together some fact sheets for members reference and the first one is listing all lamp types on T6 vehicles
    I have all the lamp types from my kombi with standard lighting but would like to hear from Cali/caravelle/posh LED people

*post updated*

This list has now been compiled and is located in the resources section which can be found here
    http://www.t6forum.com/resources/volkswagen-transporter-t6-bulb-lamp-types.27/

Last edited: 21 Aug 2016
  2. Polzeylad

Polzeylad California 204 4motion T6 Legend

Still haven't used my H7 lights but they look quite nice when off! :)

From what I've heard about the H4s, I'm hoping they're a fair bit better.

3. ausT6

ausT6 New Member

Map
    hey @Polzeylad can't believe no night driving yet. Do you have some sort of allergy?

4. Polzeylad

@ausT6 - well it's only dark from 10.30 until about 4am and while we've done about 9 days campering, we just haven't needed to drive it at night yet (we got it in May)! We also tend to use the other cars at night - more by coincidence than anything else. The BM has got particularly good lights too.

5. ausT6

ausT6 New Member

Map
    Not used to those hours of daylight here. Even in mid summer it's dark about 8.00pm. Mid winter at the moment and sun set is around 5.00 although I find the auto lights come on quite early when there still seems decent light.

6. Pauly

Map
    Come on guys no constructive responses !!
    Heres the list I have compiled so far need some cali/velle info

*edited* full list now pictured and listed in resources section

surf-report and Polzeylad like this.
  7. Chriswhit

Chriswhit Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Sorry @Pauly got LED on mine and they are the best lamps I've ever had , I think is probably one of the best options to tick off . Fog lamps are pants , seen more light from a candle .
    We're would you guys suggest to upgrade fog lamps and what type .
    Replaced lights on my previous T5 with osram night breakers , made loads of difference .

8. CRD

CRD Senior Member T6 Guru

For members who are doing the 'upgrade' from filament to led bulb, would be good if we could see before and after pictures

Buggirl likes this.
  9. Rob

Rob Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
  10. Polzeylad

Calis get LED rear lights as standard; I'll see if I can find specific info in the manual.

11. Pauly

Map
    Just bumping the thread
    Has anyone got anymore info than listed above even if its a single bulb fitment it all helps - I'm going to finish the Kombi list by getting into my rear lights soon but could do with confirmation on anything else

@Polzeylad are all the rear lights LED or just stop/tail etc any info would be great. Is it just the ocean or beach as well ?
    @Caravellet6 I'm assuming velles are the same any info you have mate would be good

12. Caravellet6

Caravellet6 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Just looked at handbook, indicators, reversing lamps, front fogs are bulbs, tail, brake & rear fogs and number plate are all led.

Pauly likes this.
  13. Caravellet6

Map
    Also led are interior lights, including roof lights, footwell, door handles and behind front seats, oddly caravelle logo apparently not led yellow and get quite hot! Pics of Caravelle, door handle, footwell and behind front seats
    image.jpeg image.jpg image.jpeg image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Roca likes this.
  14. Pauly

Map
    Thanks @Caravellet6
    Can you confirm what Caravelle model you have and if lighting is standard for that model or have you specced it ?
    What headlights do you have and are they standard or option

15. Caravellet6

Map
    Sorry, should have said its Caravelle Exec, 204ps DSG 4motion, all lights standard except led headlight option, front main lights, sidelights, drl all led

16. Pauly

Map
    Well have been through the cali & vele specs books etc and this is the updated version

*edited* full list now pictured and listed in resources section

17. Caravellet6

Map
    Ceiling light on velle is led

18. Pauly

Map
    @Caravellet6 is it standard light fitting with LED lamp in it or is it a custom fitting with LEDs integrated ie LEDs not replaceable ????

19. Caravellet6

Map
    image.jpeg It's as it came not had a look to see if replaceable its two round lights no obvious way in to access them prob have to remove trim, are these different to other vans?

20. Pauly

Map
    Yeah totally different heres the front and rear lights from standard vehicles
    Right pic is front light with 3 lamps, centre = door switch, outside two are map lights activated by the buttons on the outside edges
    $_57.jpg s-l200.jpg

$_57.jpg

s-l200.jpg