T6.1 DSG - Sports Mode?

The Touareg (2011+) 8 speed ASIN Auto box is the best gearbox I have ever driven.
But the DSG is still better than a manual IMO
and my DSG with it's TVS upgrade is the best DSG I have had and I've 3 in golfs/Tiguan before.

The Touareg (2011+) 8 speed ASIN Auto box is the best gearbox I have ever driven.
and my DSG with it's TVS upgrade is the best DSG I have had and I've 3 in golfs/Tiguan before.

My 2015 Treg was super smooth, but the T6 is fine.

Id agree that my 2016 Touareg was the best auto I have ever driven until this new RRS...its a hybrid engine and so passengers literally think it just has an electric motor with no gear changing.
Again I'd agree that the T6 DSG is better than a manual T6.

Found this thread looking for info on the driving modes on the T6.1. There is a sport mode selectable in the touch screen that I wanted to know more about.

Is this much different to the older gear stick selectoed sport mode?

Also anyone tried an iDrive throttle controller? Theses are popular in the 4x4 mods community...

Found this thread looking for info on the driving modes on the T6.1. There is a sport mode selectable in the touch screen that I wanted to know more about.

Is this much different to the older gear stick selectoed sport mode?

Also anyone tried an iDrive throttle controller? Theses are popular in the 4x4 mods community...

Not found this! Is this in the latest builds or all t6.1?

My wife’s car has this option in the menus , but there’s nothing similar in my 71 plate T6.1.

My van also has the cheapest gear selector out the VAG parts bin, shocking for a 40k+ vehicle.

Maybe it depends on engine or gearbox? Mines 204 dsg 4mo
Hi.
I would like to know more about this if possible.
If you select the sport mode via the menu does thos then give you the launch control that was available withtheearlier 6.1s ?
St8ll waiting for mine but nice to find out what I might be getting..

Hi.
If you select the sport mode via the menu does thos then give you the launch control that was available withtheearlier 6.1s ?
I can't tell the difference tbh, still pretty sluggish. I think I will get an iDrive.

Hi.
No, selecting sport mode through the menu is only for the acc

So that is the adaptive cruise control.
You can drive in sport but only through the cruise control?
Weird...

I haven’t really had any complaints with how the dsg works myself- it seems to adapt to my driving style quite well. If I’m gentle with the throttle it changes up quite early but if I’m more aggressive with the throttle it gives a more‘sporty’ drive and if I want to i can allways use the manual option. It’s a 199 T6.1 by the way.

I recently found the "sports mode" in the vehicle menus. I couldn't tell the difference at all, and no S appeared on the dash, I don't think it works.

Back