T6.1 DSG - Sports Mode?

DarrenTT

T6 Pro
Hi, I’m getting a 199ps 4motion dsg in 4 months time hopefully. I’ve test driven one and looked at pics of the gear leaver. Has the sports mode been removed? I’ve seen previous threads on the 204ps that has a sports mode.

Well Daren I’m getting the same van in two weeks and I’ve been told it has sport mode??
Perhaps We need to make another phone call!!

I have a the same van (French spec) but its currently at a detailers so I can't double check right now. I'm 99.9% sure it has a sports mode, and I remember the dealer showing me when I picked the van up. I should get it back tomorrow so I'll confirm and I guess I should really test it out!!

Am sure in the pic I saw sports mode was in same position as drive but you moved the selector right

I think it was to stop people from acadently going from reverse gear and into sport instead of drive , I have did it plenty of times lol

Agree, I had a play with the manual on my test drive. Gearbox totally ignored what I wanted it to do. Put it back into auto, sat back and enjoyed it.

Yes but looks like you move stick to the right and leave it and it stays in auto sport but if you want to change gears then you just move stick up and down to change , ano with the t6 you move to the right and it's just manual mode and won't change until you decide but going with the pics AV saw that's what I would think the logos on the stick mean , could be wrong lol

Right AV found a video that has the new gear selector but not a transporter but has same logos on the stick and you still move selector down a notch from drive but it will move back up a notch it's self but light up sport , best to watch the video has Voice over as it's in German I think lol

No idea about the T6.1 but if it’s the same as my Audi SQ5 DSG, you give the stick a slight ‘push backwards’ to move between D and S and whatever you’re in appears in the MFD. I think that’s what the downwards pointing arrow is indicating in the above picture.

Hi, got my 6.1 the other day and it doesnt have sports mode! Anyone know the answer as to why?

No idea about the T6.1 but if it’s the same as my Audi SQ5 DSG, you give the stick a slight ‘push backwards’ to move between D and S and whatever you’re in appears in the MFD. I think that’s what the downwards pointing arrow is indicating in the above picture.
Yup my Q5 has the same. Pull the lever back from D to S, easy as that.

I have a 199 6.1 DSG and it definitely has a sports mode as per the picture by @AK06FR above, albeit that the button on my gear lever sits on the other side (difference between RH and LH drive I suspect). Pulling back on the gear lever when in Drive switches between S and D

Well tbh I haven’t really used S (other than to try it out) as the 199 has enough poke in the normal Drive mode and will punish on fuel consumption if driven like a hot hatch

I’m in my 6.1. Been wondering how to get it in sports mode all week as I find the box little bit dim witted without it (turbo lag etc). Just reading this forum I realised that when it’s in Drive you pull it down once and it goes into sports mode (pushing it right goes into manual).
Currently in a car wash queue for its first clean, will report back after to see if it improves things.

736419C6-EA1C-4586-8C27-86BD96013D76.jpeg

D01A8EA8-583E-4BF5-B583-AB4131B450E0.jpeg

Back