T6.1 DSG - Sports Mode?

The poor sod is either still booting around in sports mode, or arguing with the car wash staff about the swirls in his paintwork

De-Facto - Having just taken delivery of my T6.1 199 DSG Highline, I can confirm Sports Mode is no more. This is now the standard on ALL MY21 build vans so do not expect yours to arrive with it if you're still waiting for delivery.

Now I reckon there may be a case to answer under misdescription however I'll bet theres a passage in the contract something along the lines of "specification subject to change without notice" .........

I also reckon there will be a sizable market for somebody to perform retrofits (assuming it's possible)...........and no, simply adding a paddle shift steering wheel does not Sport Mode giveth........

Gotta say I am far from happy :-(

Sports mode is basically a OEM Tuned map in the engine ECU... (like a Pendle or Revo map)

So you just switch between the two maps with the button.

I'm assuming its to do with Lead Foot of Emmissions standards?

Either way, you can have a Revo map flashed,..... but as far as I know its not switchable between it and stock.

Or a TVS drivability map as I don't need sport mode since my upgrade.

Hi folks, new on here and came across this thread Whilst searching the issue of my absent sports mode On my new t6.1 4 motion. The seems to mean you can’t initial the Launch Control mode as you can on this earlier t6.1, unless there is another way.

Personally I’m still confused by it, this change 6 months or so after the 6.1 is launched. Even if it is due to emissions (as mentioned earlier in the thread) you’d have thought they’d have introduced the change with the new 6.1 from the start.

Personally I’m still confused by it, this change 6 months or so after the 6.1 is launched. Even if it is due to emissions (as mentioned earlier in the thread) you’d have thought they’d have introduced the change with the new 6.1 from the start.

I'm a little pissed off after receiving my 6.1 without the sports mode. Was a little bit of reassurance during an overtake...

They've also added some WiFi Bluetooth button that doesn't seem to do anything. I was hoping that was the warp speed button.

Hi folks, new on here and came across this thread Whilst searching the issue of my absent sports mode On my new t6.1 4 motion. The seems to mean you can’t initial the Launch Control mode as you can on this earlier t6.1, unless there is another way.
There is another way around it. Just go into manual mode traction off foot flat on the break then flat on accelerator :)

Back