Bring back DSG S mode in 2023 - T6.1?

Mianch

Hi all,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to bring back s-mode on my 2023 California Ocean.
Here's a picture of a version with S-mode. (Not pull-back but separate S position) I think this is an older version.

DSG 1.png

Here is a picture of my cali.

20231206_175255357_iOS.jpg

20231206_174853614_iOS.jpg

What happens if I just remove the bump? Anyone tried this before?
Can someone share a picture of their T6.1 DSG selector box which does have S-mode?

Warm regards,
M

Last edited:
I’m guessing not possible? It’s in the early T6.1 gbox software, also that included the launch control. I tested a very early T6.1 DSG and in real world driving can’t say that it was any advantage. Your best bet is a DSG remap which I’ve had done. Better shift intervals ie closer matched to the engine torque curve

Would you not just fit a steering wheel with paddles? Straight swap and no coding needed. I did this on my 2023 build 150 dsg.

Would you not just fit a steering wheel with paddles? Straight swap and no coding needed. I did this on my 2023 build 150 dsg.
Hi Kevin,
I hear that is has to be a specific steering wheel. Not all will work. Which one did you use.?

2G0 419 089 D

The factory wheel was Rev B. I have adaptive cruise which does affect which wheel you have.

This is the proper paddle wheel for T6.1’s. It is listed in etka for them.

Cut it out - whats the worst that will happen? :)

Can always sugru or plastic weld the "stop" back in

Cut it out - whats the worst that will happen? :)

Can always sugru or plastic weld the "stop" back in;
;-) I agree not a big problem. However I first want to see if someone on this forum can send me a picture of their DSG selector with (Pull-back ) S-mode.

I’m guessing not possible? It’s in the early T6.1 gbox software, also that included the launch control. I tested a very early T6.1 DSG and in real world driving can’t say that it was any advantage. Your best bet is a DSG remap which I’ve had done. Better shift intervals ie closer matched to the engine torque curve
Yes done this already. How I understand this is that this improve all modes. Normal, Sport and manual shift mode.

Thanks

Last edited:
I Didn't think such a mod would achieve S mode. What are the advantages of S mode? I’ve had a dsg remap which is more closely matched to the torque curve - a dream to drive - especially when towing.

All it does as far as I know is hold the gear longing before changing to the next one.

It's also more annoying aggressive in downshifting and prevents stop/start. All in all, not very useful. When I did not yet have my DSG mapped I used it in smaller hilly/curvy roads where D would struggle trying to climb hills at 1200rpm :rolleyes:

It's also more annoying aggressive in downshifting and prevents stop/start. All in all, not very useful. When I did not yet have my DSG mapped I used it in smaller hilly/curvy roads where D would struggle trying to climb hills at 1200rpm :rolleyes:
Ah ok I've only used it to hold a gear to deal with something specific then knock it back to normal. I’ve bupassed my stop start as it’s not very useful.

Back