DSG gearbox free-wheeling

Drew75

T6 Pro
Hi looking for advice
my Dsg gearbox was not very smooth at slow speeds so I’ve done a VCDS reset in basic settings
I’m not sure if it done this before but now when Im driving along if I take my foot off the throttle the van free wheels and on the dash it shows D and not D6 or whatever gear I was in but if I touch the brake or throttle again it will go back into a gear that matches the speed
it’s made it very jumpy at slow speeds like D1 as it goes in and out of gear D1 - D
but it doesn’t do any of this in Sport mode

Hi looking for advice
my Dsg gearbox was not very smooth at slow speeds so I’ve done a VCDS reset in basic settings
I’m not sure if it done this before but now when Im driving along if I take my foot off the throttle the van free wheels and on the dash it shows D and not D6 or whatever gear I was in but if I touch the brake or throttle again it will go back into a gear that matches the speed
it’s made it very jumpy at slow speeds like D1 as it goes in and out of gear D1 - D
but it doesn’t do any of this in Sport mode
That’s the coasting function, depending on which MFD version you have, it can be switched on/off in there. I have mine enabled & don’t mind it at all.

My I need to get used it
It just feels like im breaking a lot as it’s running away with it self

I don’t think it did it before so guessing I can turn it off do you know how I can turn it off
7speed DSG box 2017

My I need to get used it
It just feels like im breaking a lot as it’s running away with it self
If you tap the brakes it should cancel the coasting & drop it into gear, the harder you brake the lower the gear it will select. Tapping the accelerator will put it back into coasting mode. It’s easy to control once you get the hang of it.

Thanks for the reply
Ill drive it about for a week and see how I get on with
If not I’ll look into getting it removed back to how it was

I have coasting set to on for both the van and car. You can disable coasting in the MFD if you don’t like it.

We used the coasting function on a van we used to go round Scotland at the start of the year (normal van is manual) and I couldn't get on with it at all, so ended up turning it off.

Wouldn't blame you for doing the same..

I’ve turned it off already
My be I’ll use it next time I drive to the south of France on all them big hill down south to improve the MPG

I’ve turned it off already
My be I’ll use it next time I drive to the south of France on all them big hill down south to improve the MPG
That’ll be offset by going around in circles for 2 hours looking for somewhere to park.

Back