What Does Sports Mode Do On Manual Gearbox?

Kontiki

I have a T6.1 Highline manual gearbox, I'm wondering what sports mode does? Most of the posts about sports mode are related to the DSG & I can understand how it works by shifting later, but what does it do on a manual gearbox? Hasn't noticeably made any difference.

Sports mode on a manual?

Not sure about that on a T6.

But the Golf R32/GTI has an awesome "launch control" feature

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
Mines a T6.1 highline. Select driver assistance then it gives the option to select mode. I had it on my Golf mk7 manual & it did make a difference.

Mines a T6.1 highline. Select driver assistance then it gives the option to select mode. I had it on my Golf mk7 manual & it did make a difference.
Got a few pics?

I’ve got a bi-turbo and it doesn’t even do ‘sport’ flat out down a 1:6 hill. Maybe lawn bowls standard ‘sport’.

I’m not 100% sure if this is correct, but I believe its a simple ‘sport’ mode that just stiffens the steering and increases throttle response.

I think there’s a bit of confusion going on here, on 6.1 driver assist you can go into cruise control settings and select between eco/normal/sport modes but it only affects the driving profile on ACC

I think there’s a bit of confusion going on here, on 6.1 driver assist you can go into cruise control settings and select between eco/normal/sport modes but it only affects the driving profile on ACC
That’s the same with the t6 too. It affects the rate of acceleration of the ACC. As a tight Yorkshire git, mines set to “ECO” obviously :whistle:

Last edited:
It could be that as it does have ACC. Maybe that's why it doesn't seem to do anything, if it does only change how fast it accelerates when using ACC then it isn't worth using I might as well set it back to Comfort or ECO modes.

Found this in the manual relating to driving profile selection, doesn’t mention acc, I have something similar on my passat. Vehicles with adaptive chassis control (dcc), which I think is a factory optional extra, have the ability to soften of stiffen the ride according to the driving mode.

IMG_0046.jpeg

image.jpg

Back