It’s an epic engine! And our new one will be running 300BHp, once we’ve REVO’d it - watch this space :)

All, I am still getting to grips with alloys/tyres etc for my T32 LWB.

BACKGROUND: I have taken out the middle row of seats and one of the other seats cannot be used - therefore I will be carrying a max of 5 people (norm is 2 of us incl. driver). I have added a lightweight kitchen pod and a bed weighing in at 50kg.

Therefore do I need a Load Rating of 865kg (103 = 875 according to my book!) or can I go lighter as I have removed at least 100kg of weight from the seats and won't be carrying the 3 extra paxs could be another 200KG+ !!!

I have spoken to a few suppliers and getting mixed views e.g. as you're not carrying loads of heavy machinery etc don't worry e.g."85okg will suffice no worries" .... to be blunt I don't want to be break the law and I want to be safe!!!

Hope someone can help thanks for reading!

@Fish great idea to start this post .... Guys below I have tagged you in as per Fish original!

@StudleyGlass
@DaveyB
@andythom188
@Pauly

As i am sure you have read on a T32 you need 860kg +.. there is no compromise when it comes to insurance ,law and mot..near enough is not sufficient as i am sure your insurance company would love to tell you if you had to claim for a total loss. 99% of rated wheels will have the load rating stamped on the back of the rim. Best advise is to check yourself , dont just take someones word for it.....enjoy your search :thumbsup:

As i am sure you have read on a T32 you need 860kg +.. there is no compromise when it comes to insurance ,law and mot..near enough is not sufficient as i am sure your insurance company would love to tell you if you had to claim for a total loss. 99% of rated wheels will have the load rating stamped on the back of the rim. Best advise is to check yourself , dont just take someones would for it.....enjoy your search :thumbsup:
@StudleyGlass thank you for a clear and comprehensive answer - That makes it 110% clear.... Cheers for coming back so quickly! Cheers Paul

I currently have steels on my T32 Shuttle LWB, I have an opportunity to buy the following and the guy assures me they will fit:
=========================
Genuine VW "Canyon" alloys.
5X120PCD......a direct fit on a T5 and T6 using the original T5/T6 wheel bolts
7.5"X17"
ET55
65.1mm centre bore.

Load rated to 875kgs each....suitable for the T26,T28,T30 and T32. Part number: 7L6601025E

The alloys are in good condition with no cracks or buckles. ..they do have a couple of light scuffs though but nothing too serious.

They are all fitted with 225/60/17 (103V) XL Hankook M+S tyres which have 2 tyres with 5mm of tread and 2 with about 3.5mm of tread.
=====================================================

Appreciate any comments on the suitability? of these wheels & Tyres especially around their ratings etc. for my T32 LWB Shuttle ( part conversion starting soon) and what I should be paying?

Whilst I would love to get brand new 18" I am struggling to find anything I fall in love with. At the moment I want a fix for the next few months to uplift the the look as further work is done.

Any advice, comments etc would be appreciated particularly on: Will they fit, VFM @£275 & most importantly info is correct in the advert.... I am struggling to get clarity when I tried to fund them on the web. VW Wheels & Tyres.jpg

I know they look dated - but I am pretty wrinkled myself! Thanks in advance all and don't get burnt if you're outside, Paul

Gents _ I have tagged you as I hope you can give me a quick view on this:
@Fish
@StudleyGlass Thanks again for the all the advice on your reply on Load Rating.
@DaveyB
@andythom188
@Pauly

Last edited:
Have just placed an order for these:
View attachment 17100

1Form Edition.1
18 x 8.5", ET45. Load rated at 860kg.
Tyres will be Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 255/45 R18 103Y XL.
Looks as though delivery will be early March from the first production batch of silver wheels in 18".
Toby @ Rimstyle has been very helpful :)
Nice choice. Notice the tyres are quieter than most , have you noticed a difference?

Nice choice. Notice the tyres are quieter than most , have you noticed a difference?
I only have experience of the van on 17" devonports with Continental van contact tyres. Difficult to say they are any quieter than those but they certainly seem unobtrusive.

@Keaney Really like the look of the judd t311r wheels, hope you don't mind me asking, but do you think I would be safe fitting the 20"x 9.5" all round with 275 x 35 x 20 tyres, on my t32 kombi, lowered with 50mm H&R springs ?
Any advice would be very welcome, thanks.

@Keaney Really like the look of the judd t311r wheels, hope you don't mind me asking, but do you think I would be safe fitting the 20"x 9.5" all round with 275 x 35 x 20 tyres, on my t32 kombi, lowered with 50mm H&R springs ?

Have you found the correctly load rated tyres for a T32 in 275/35/r20 ??

Yes, that's my understanding. There are no longer any T32 load rated tyres in that size. There used to be, which can cause some confusion but they are now discontinued. At least that's part of your question answered.

275/40/20 is now a common choice on 20x9 and -40mm springs. I run this combo on a T32

Based on mine, I'd say 275/40/20 on your wider 9.5 rim and another-10mm drop to -50mm will be an issue.

Think the guys above are best placed to answer it, the... 9.5 on the front will be the closest I think

Back