@Keaney Really like the look of the judd t311r wheels, hope you don't mind me asking, but do you think I would be safe fitting the 20"x 9.5" all round with 275 x 35 x 20 tyres, on my t32 kombi, lowered with 50mm H&R springs ?
Any advice would be very welcome, thanks.

Hi, I recently put T311Rs on our van. I've got 9.0 ET35 front, 9.5 ET40 rear with 265/40/20s all the way round. Van is lowered 40mm and in that config I get no rubbing.

Have added few photos so you can see what they look like. I think the rear setup is spot on but I wish the fronts were tucked under the arch a bit more. With ET35 the tyre is just outside the arch as you can just see in the photos. I think ET 40 on the front would have looked better as it would pull the wheel under the arch a bit more, but don't know if that would cause rubbing

20180526_150828.jpg20180526_150837.jpg 20180811_135157.jpg 20180811_135218.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I recently put T311Rs on our van. I've got 9.0 ET35 front, 9.5 ET40 rear with 265/40/20s all the way round. Van is lowered 40mm and in that config I get no rubbing.

Have added few photos so you can see what they look like. I think the rear setup is spot on but I wish the fronts were tucked under the arch a bit more. With ET35 the tyre is just outside the arch as you can just see in the photos. I think ET 40 on the front would have looked better as it would pull the wheel under the arch a bit more, but don't know if that would cause rubbing

View attachment 26758View attachment 26759 View attachment 26760 View attachment 26761
Yeah I have et45 on the front but with a 8mm spacer on a 9.5.

A 9 is better and have a et40 that goes on without a spacer, its the tyres that’s the issue really if your wanting load rated

Thanks guys for all your advice so far, (really useful).

From the pictures Pipidream72 I think your van looks great, but I do understand what you mean!!

I have sent an email to Judd, asking about the load rating because on the LK performance site its states they are OK, yet on the rimstyle site it states they are not suitable, and the chap I spoke to at rimstyle said they are not, so watch this space, my load rating is min 860kg

Thanks guys for all your advice so far, (really useful).

From the pictures Pipidream72 I think your van looks great, but I do understand what you mean!!

I have sent an email to Judd, asking about the load rating because on the LK performance site its states they are OK, yet on the rimstyle site it states they are not suitable, and the chap I spoke to at rimstyle said they are not, so watch this space, my load rating is min 860kg
Already covered that here’s their response, basically the wheel is stamped to a lower rating but since then they have put them through higher load tests as I was worried with the alloy having a lower stamp

D8781091-DB00-4CC1-97D6-72CDDE8DD3B4.png

BE4F52C5-B384-4E8D-BE93-58F2104DA957.png

@Keaney thanks, for the info, never looked back on the earlier posts :thumbsup:

I have also asked them if they will be doing the T311r's in Hyper silver and the Gloss gun metal in 20" in the very near future because I also quite like the look of them, but unsure about 19" which is all they are available in at present...

Blimey, I thought my Mrs was hard to please!!!

265/40 is by far the better T32 tyre. Nearer to the perfect size, don’t rub when slammed on Bilsteins with the correct ET and IMHO look far better when fitted. The 275/40 can look a bit too ‘balloony’

We find that a lot of companies fit the 275 as it’s a cheaper option tyre over the 265.

265/40 is by far the better T32 tyre. Nearer to the perfect size, don’t rub when slammed on Bilsteins with the correct ET and IMHO look far better when fitted. The 275/40 can look a bit too ‘balloony’

We find that a lot of companies fit the 275 as it’s a cheaper option tyre over the 265.
You got any pictures of a slammed one on those tyres? What offset are you talking about?

We’ve found Et40 is the best offset on a 20. Sorry no pics to hand (I’m camping in southern France at present) but look on our Facebook page. Our old white demo kombi had this setup

We’ve found Et40 is the best offset on a 20. Sorry no pics to hand (I’m camping in southern France at present) but look on our Facebook page. Our old white demo kombi had this setup
Cool was wondering as I have tried a 235/40 on a 9J et40 and that’s hitting the arch when it’s aired out

Air is lower than bilsteins.

At the most you have to heat the front arches, which is a minor mod at the most with B14’s.

How is the ride comfort on 20s with the b14?

I still can not decide between 18s or 20s.
20s look better but from what I’ve been reading in this forum is 18s will be more comfortable and doesn’t throw the speedo out.
Also does the bigger rim have much of an effect with acceleration ? Mine will be a 150 6 speed

How is the ride comfort on 20s with the b14?

I still can not decide between 18s or 20s.
20s look better but from what I’ve been reading in this forum is 18s will be more comfortable and doesn’t throw the speedo out.
Also does the bigger rim have much of an effect with acceleration ? Mine will be a 150 6 speed

Mine on B14's and 20's rides superbly - I'd say better than original on 17's. Cornering is flat and there's no more bouncing around. The speedo is showing slower by a few mph so nothing to worry about. I did fit 18's (without height adjustment) but 20's just look so right.

My pal has a 150 6-speed on 20's and it's been lowered 40mm on springs-only - it shifts ok but bounces around all over the place! You can't drink your brew and god help you if you're sat in the back!! He's going to fit B14's asap!

@BognorMotors you seem to have a very good Knowledge of set ups, at present without B14's just on H&R 50mm springs, what is your recommendation ?
I was thinking 20/9.5 rear 20/9 front with the 265/40's and offset of ET40 ?
Thanks

That would work perfectly. You could go to a 10 rear on that tyre size and go down to an 8.5 on the front to really show the difference in wheel width.

Would prefer a more balanced look, say 9.5 all around but concerned about fouling on front ??

Sorry I thought by the fact you had chosen two different rim widths, you wanted the staggered look.

Really appreciate, your patience @BognorMotors, there seems to be so much to consider when looking for the right wheel set up and look, reading the prior threads trials and errors, with the different suspensions scenarios, ET's, load rating's for wheels and tyres, comfort and handling issues, Summer/Winter wheels and tyres or all season, warranty dilemmas and not forgetting costs.

It's great that this forum exists to help people like me....

Back