Does anyone know what load rating Roll Royce wheels are? Looking at some 19s.
I know they're Tanks, but want to be sure.

Also just for info had this message from 3SDM.
"From our cast range, the 20" 0.66-HD is tested at 950-1150kg depending on size.
All of our 1pc forged wheels can also be tested to a sufficient load for that vehicle.
We are in the process of increasing the test load on a number of our other cast wheels to 875-895kg but they won't be ready until later in the year."

Hi All, What is the best option between nice-looking alu wheels and comfort? I was thinking about 18inch 255/45/18 103xl? I would love to get 20 inch but with London potholes is not the best idea.

Currently on oem wheels.

Screenshot_20230129_204056_Gallery.jpg

I've had 18" and 20" on mine and in the end plumped for 19's as they fill the wheel arches but are more comfortable than the 20's were. I guess it also depends on your driving style too - 18's are much nimbler

After owning golf estate r with 19inch alu, I would love my van to be stiff and sporty like R, but leaving in London I need take under consideration speed bumps and potholes.
Can't really make decision.

After owning golf estate r with 19inch alu, I would love my van to be stiff and sporty like R, but leaving in London I need take under consideration speed bumps and potholes.

The wheel sizing also goes hand-in-hand with suspension too. Mine is sitting on Bilstein B14's which make the van much more compliant and comfortable compared to stock VW suspension.
If you're on VW suspension, I think you'll not notice a change in ride quality with 18's or 19's but you probably would with 20's.

I'm currently running 18's on STX coilovers wound down. I travel around London a couple of times a week and have no issues with speed bumps.
Potholes however, are everywhere and some of them you cannot avoid.

You should look at uprated anti-roll bars. The reduction in roll that gives, without having to up the spring stiffness is what helps gives you the "sporty" feel.

Hi, new T5 owner here looking for guidance please.

seen some Ronal 16” 6.5J running Cooper Discoverer A/T3 tyres 225/70 R16 103T
I understand the wheels are rated to 875kg

Would these be ok for a 2013 T5 LWB T32 ?
Anything special I’d need to do?
Thanks

Last edited:
I have 20” wheels with b14 Komfort and h&r anti roll bars fitted to swb 4 motion 6.1 and I find it a lot more comfortable than a bog standard t5 sportline with 18” and 30mm springs.
Also the 20” wheels seem to glide over pot holes better than 18”

Hi, new T5 owner here looking for guidance please.

seen some Ronal 16” 6.5J running Cooper Discoverer A/T3 tyres 225/70 R16 103T
I understand the wheels are rated to 875kg

Would these be ok for a 2013 T5 LWB T32 ?
Anything special I’d need to do?
Thanks
Load ratings are all good and size should work, as long as they aren’t a crazy offset and they are 5x120 PCD with a CB off at least 65.1

Many thanks … buyer says ET is 51 and they came off a T6.. so hopefully will be good?
I think if you have the bigger brakes (did they even do these on a t5?) you need a minimum 17” wheel for brake clearance, clarence

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before, but just a thought on changing wheel sizes, does this affect the speedo accuracy. I appreciate that larger wheels have lower profile tyres to counter this but is there a definitive diameter which should be aimed for. Also, should the spare wheel be checked to match this diameter ?

Yes the wheel size will throw the speedo out as well as potentially impact your performance as the engine has to work harder for every revolution of the wheels

There's a few sites which share this detail - this is one I use

I went from the stock wheels to some 19" 255/50 and it was too big a jump - 19" 255/45 is what I'll be going for next

I bought my bronze wheels, just before the supermetal chargers came out. If anyone wants to see what they look like on an indium grey van, he’s a taster…think I’m going black…or grey…or black . I’ll be selling my bronze too

View attachment 173556

View attachment 173557

View attachment 173558

View attachment 173559

View attachment 173560

View attachment 173561
Love these, sadly only available in 20”, looking to swap my alloys to 19” now. Gutted as I love these.

Back