^^^ Looks great! I plan a similar style for my 4M.

Do the 245/65's fit without catching? What offset are the wheels ?

And finally, how noisy do you find the aggressive tyres? Noticable or not too bad? (KO2 AT's ??)

Yes, no catching anywhere. There is a bit more road noise from the BFGs but its not excessive. Mine are ET12 and fit flush with the wheel arch. Considering a bit of a lift to counter the weight of the conversion but probably only about 30mm

Hmmm....
So my nice new wheels may not be as I ordered them.
They are 1form Edition.3+ in 18x8.5 size. I ordered ET45 - same as the 1form Edition.1 wheels I am replacing, and also as close to the VW OE spec of ET50 as I can get.
I was in the process of flattening the boxes for recycling when I noticed the boxes state ET40. Noticing this I check the wheels, which say ET35.
Measuring I am getting a 38mm measurement. Allowing for measurement error this is either an error on ET35 or, and perhaps more likely, ET40. It is not the ET45 I ordered.
Will ET40 work on the van? I believe so.
But that's not the point - I have contacted the supplier and am awaiting a call back.
A major complication is that the wheels now have tyres mounted.
What would you guys do?

Pic for interest.
IMG_5038.jpg

Finally fitted my wheels. So happy with them. Transformed look of the van.
Went with some all season Bridgestones. 235-55-18

View attachment 130173View attachment 130174View attachment 130175View attachment 130176
Surprised at how much quieter and smoother the ride is too, almost as big a difference as when I swapped from run flats on wife's mini, to standard tyres.

Smoothed out some of the harshness of the t32 suspension.

Maybe it's the tyres extra volume over standard, or just better quality tyre. Original alloys had a mix of mid range tyres.
Handling is a little softer in corners but I can live with it for trade off in comfort and looks. So thankfull for the forum for steering me towards 235 instead of 255s!

Great service from rimstyle, wheels came with a quality bbs fitting kit. Alloy spigots and spin collar bolts. Finish of the paint on wheels is stunning and not a boring solid black.
4 tyres for around 130 a tyre at kwik fit (when booking online)
Fittment is perfect for me. No spacers needed. Sit nicely in the arches.
Dan the van looks really good! I’ve just brought a set from rimstyle too. I’m still awaiting delivery of my LWB t6.1 in indium grey so was curious to see what the wheels looked like on! Look brilliant!

Incidentally, the Rial X10x are IDENTICAL to the wolfrace x10x but cheaper…
An additional note about Rial x10x less than a year on….
If the other driver of the van, despite claiming that we don’t need the lack rim blades because they “never hit kerbs” and “the tyres are so big the rims will never hit a kerb”, grinds the kerb anyway, they CAN be repaired at home.

After watching a million videos etc and worried about the satin black paint match I decided to spray rather than touch up.

I sanded the damage using 600 then 1200 paper, progressing down the wheel as little as possible. I then sprayed acid etch primer into a lid and just paintbrushed any areas where the sanding showed the bare metal to avoid having to cover lots of grey. The primer got a run down and another coat.

Then careful masking with rollled tape to feather into the original paint and a bin bag stuffed into the wheel and around the arch only exposing the edge of the rim being sprayed (sorry no pics of this- too engrossed in the task!)

3 coats of Halfords satin black spray- very light spraying with no lacquer because they would come out gloss. The finish is just about perfect, the match with the Halfords paint is excellent.

2 very happy people! The paint on the rial alloys is really thick by the way so nice to know!

Success was down to loads of careful sanding and sneaky masking.

DC7B408E-4AF3-4FDF-9046-A47F09867D19.jpeg

CB97F88F-48CC-4BD3-A665-976C6D447ED2.jpeg

What size alloys are you holding up there ?
Trying to find something to replace my 20" vossens with that I can put possibly an AT3 tyre on and these look good ? But guessing they're not17/18"

What size alloys are you holding up there ?
Trying to find something to replace my 20" vossens with that I can put possibly an AT3 tyre on and these look good ? But guessing they're not17/18"
20s matey

Reactions: PWE
Hi I'm after some advice, with no understanding off wheels,
Can anyone tell me the difference between the RC Design rc25t & rc25,
thanks
Screenshot_2022-10-19-19-13-54-35_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpgScreenshot_2022-10-19-19-14-13-07_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

Hello,

I’m thinking of changing my standard 17” Devonports for the some 17” Woodstock alloys removed from a California.

Could someone confirm if these Genuine 17” VW Woodstock alloys (that are supplied from the factory on the California’s) would be suitable for a T6.1 SWB T32 199 4M?

Cheers.

Back