STOLEN T6 !!!!!!!!!!!

My camper has been stolen early hours Sunday morning share the hell out of this someone must of seen this about please contact me or the police if spotted thanks it’s taken out of my garage in wickford Essex in the UK crime ref 42/174947/19

Martyn Dynomite Tucker

Screenshot_20191104-065234_Facebook.jpg

To add to this spate of Campers/Cali's that are being stolen, us Kombi owners need to be vigilant too.
Some of you know Shane from our meets, he drives the lovely Red T6 Edition.
A couple of weeks ago he was alerted to a couple of vehicles parked up blocking his drive and several men looking around his T6 at 2am, which is parked on his drive, in a cul-de-sac. Shane lives with his girlfriend and has two small kids, so decided sensibly not to go outside and challenge them, but turned on his lights inside the house, which made them leave. Shane has some pretty high tech cameras and this was all caught on his system. He obviously went to the Police, but sadly they said without a registration number, they couldn't do anything.

The same gang came back two nights later and were caught on his cameras again, but he had the sense to swap his T6 for his Dads old Merc Vito, which they clocked and drove off without getting out this time. He has since beefed up his security with a commercial steel post, and upgraded his cameras to some fancy ones he can monitor on his mobile, and activate huge lights and sirens etc. His T6 is obviously a Kombi, and has no resemblance to a Camper.

This is exactly why many places are now recommending this system for security. Thieves can't drive the van even if they have the keys, very clever!

Immobiliser System | Phantom Ltd

After some advice regarding a slightly weird paperwork issue.

My van is a 2016 102 BMT diesel that has adblu and has always come up as not needing to pay the London ULEZ charge on the online checker.

I changed the number plate a few months ago and ever since the checking site maintains I must pay the ULEZ charge.

When I looked at my V5C there is no EU status at all, it's just blank.

The DVLA state it was an omission when first registered and need either confirmation on headed paper from VW or a certificate of conformity.

If I search under my old reg it still shows on the ULEZ site as not needing to pay the charge.

Can someone just check their V5 and check what is in the Eur status section

I hope this makes sense

Many thanks

Simon

Just looked: my status is blank! Am concerned as I intend putting a private plate on it too. How does one get a certificate of conformity as I bought my van privately!

Last edited:
Just looked: my status is blank! Am concerned as I intend putting a private plate on it too. How does one get a certificate of conformity as I bought my van privately!

Interesting!
I have emailed VW and will post when they reply

Si

I'm a 150PS so not really much help, but I can't find where on my V5C it says the Eur status, whereabouts is it?

Back