A reality check on van security and faux masculinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesy123

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Last year my pals van got swiped.
T6.1 Highline with a 15k fit out.

They took the keys from his key holder by the front door.
Actually, he heard a noise in the night, woke up, went downstairs and had a mooch about.... went back to bed and when he woke up his van was gone.

Coppers reckon they were hiding in the house when he was downstairs mooching about (turns out he didn't really look, he just bollocked the dog....got some water and had a whizz in the downstairs loo)

I asked him how he felt and he gave possibly the best response ever.

"Firstly, nobody got hurt, secondly, the vans insured... so win win..."

And thats the problem....
People worry so much about this 'pride and joy' on their drive, this chunk of metal and plastic that they've given a cute name and developed an emotional bond with like its a family pet or a beloved aunt. they do stupid things like force the thieving bastards to hunt for keys...or attaching crook locks etc..... like why?
If I thief wants your van so bad they're willing to kill you fir it, let the buggers take it....better still....make it easy...
If someone wants it so bad as to rob your kids of their parent...and send you to meet baby Jeesus.....why piss about with tacky gadgets to slow them down and have them hanging about longer?
isn't it better to lose your van than your life?
thieves these days aren't like the thieves in the 1950s with masks and swag bags and striped jumpers like in the Beano....they're fkin violent psychopaths with blades and weapons and they aren't scared of you or the Police..

If they have to hunt. They're in the house too long, which puts your family at risk...
And you...yes you Jackie Chan... are not in any condition to be fist fighting 2 or 3 assailants at 3am, however hard you think you are, or however big the imaginary baseball bat is....(the one the tough guy keyboard trolls are about to tell us about in the comments.... the one they keep under their bed....)

"If anyone broke into my house I'd [insert macho bullshit statement] and id [insert delusion about not regretting their death at your hands]...."

I don't care if you're mike tyson 25 years ago... I never met anyone harder than a 6 inch blade, a gun, or a crowbar.
And men, whilst you THINK you can protect your kids/wife with what you imagine is your limitless strength and fighting skills.... look in a full length mirror with your top off...... really? That's what you're bringing to fight an Albanian with a zombie knife, without your contacts in, half asleep... over a Vw T6.
Will Volkswagen support your family when you've gone up the crematorium Chimney? They won't even tell the truth about their emissions figures my friend...

So, internet Hardman.
Let's get real.

You want to defend your van in mortal combat.... but you can't.
You like to think that if someone breaks into your house you'll suddenly get this super dad strength that will make you invincible.... but thats not real is it.

Truth is, you'll all be hiding in the kids bedroom on the phone to the police with all the furniture piled up against the door...saying "hurry...theres someone in my house" in that shakey adrenaline voice thats two octaves higher than your usual speaking voice.

Just like everyone else

So buy your gadgets and gizmos....maybe it will deter a 12 year old opportunist....but for a proper tea leaf whos prepared to kill you.....it wont make a blind bit of difference.

I can't wait to read the comments on this one.

On the back of these pithy anecdotes I have gone out and bought a T2 for my family of 8 and our 26 dogs.

The compass decal is in the post along with some amusing bumper stickers and a garland.

I am planning my trip across Antarctica in it and I am going to wild camp the whole way. No sites for me what with their “facilities” and money making scammery.

In the meantime I will continue prowling around it at night with my 57 foot long baseball bat to keep it safe. They wouldn’t mess with me, when I do press ups the world moves down.

Last edited:
In recent years, there has been a growing trend of glamorizing van life and DIY camper van conversions, often accompanied by images of rugged masculinity and adventure. While the allure of life on the road is undeniable, it’s crucial to have a reality check when it comes to van security and the portrayal of masculinity in this lifestyle.

First and foremost, let’s address the issue of van security. While the freedom and flexibility of van life are appealing, it’s essential to prioritize safety and security measures to protect both ourselves and our vehicles. This includes investing in robust locks, alarm systems, and GPS trackers, as well as being vigilant about where and how we park our vans. Ignoring these precautions not only puts our possessions at risk but also jeopardizes our own safety.

Moreover, let’s challenge the notion that masculinity is synonymous with ruggedness and recklessness. The portrayal of van life often emphasizes a rugged, adventurous persona, but true masculinity encompasses far more than bravado and bravado alone. It’s about respect, responsibility, and empathy for others and the environment.

Instead of perpetuating stereotypes of masculinity, let’s embrace a more inclusive and nuanced understanding of what it means to be a man. This includes recognizing the importance of vulnerability, compassion, and emotional intelligence, both on the road and in our everyday lives.

In this forum, let’s have an open and honest conversation about van security and masculinity in the context of van life. Share your experiences, insights, and reflections on these topics, and let’s work together to create a community that prioritizes safety, respect, and authenticity.

Remember, true strength lies not in bravado or bravado alone, but in our ability to care for ourselves, our loved ones, and the world around us.

With respect and solidarity,

Deaky

In recent years, there has been a growing trend of glamorizing van life and DIY camper van conversions, often accompanied by images of rugged masculinity and adventure. While the allure of life on the road is undeniable, it’s crucial to have a reality check when it comes to van security and the portrayal of masculinity in this lifestyle.

First and foremost, let’s address the issue of van security. While the freedom and flexibility of van life are appealing, it’s essential to prioritize safety and security measures to protect both ourselves and our vehicles. This includes investing in robust locks, alarm systems, and GPS trackers, as well as being vigilant about where and how we park our vans. Ignoring these precautions not only puts our possessions at risk but also jeopardizes our own safety.

Moreover, let’s challenge the notion that masculinity is synonymous with ruggedness and recklessness. The portrayal of van life often emphasizes a rugged, adventurous persona, but true masculinity encompasses far more than bravado and bravado alone. It’s about respect, responsibility, and empathy for others and the environment.

Instead of perpetuating stereotypes of masculinity, let’s embrace a more inclusive and nuanced understanding of what it means to be a man. This includes recognizing the importance of vulnerability, compassion, and emotional intelligence, both on the road and in our everyday lives.

In this forum, let’s have an open and honest conversation about van security and masculinity in the context of van life. Share your experiences, insights, and reflections on these topics, and let’s work together to create a community that prioritizes safety, respect, and authenticity.

Remember, true strength lies not in bravado or bravado alone, but in our ability to care for ourselves, our loved ones, and the world around us.

With respect and solidarity,

Deaky
AI :whistle:

I have got one glock 19, one glock 34, one mossberg 590, one Ruger pc carbine. Just let them come in. Can’t wait for it.
When I wake up in the night because of weird noises I walk down the stairs with my Umarex HDP pepper balls and calibre .50 nylon impact rounds.
Ask the owner of that dog dumping a Poop every night right in front of my door and never picked up by his owner. I walked out the door with my Ruger and he picked up the poop with his bare hands. I didn’t even say a word or asked anything.

On the back of these pithy anecdotes I have gone out and bought a T2 for my family of 8 and our 26 dogs.

The compass decal is in the post along with some amusing bumper stickers and a garland.

I am planning my trip across Antarctica in it and I am going to wild camp the whole way. No sites for me what with their “facilities” and money making scammery.

In the meantime I will continue prowling around it at night with my 57 foot long baseball bat to keep it safe. They wouldn’t mess with me, when I do press ups the world moves down.
Perfect! Many happy years of holidaying to look forward to.
Good stuff Sir.

I have got one glock 19, one glock 34, one mossberg 590, one Ruger pc carbine. Just let them come in. Can’t wait for it.
When I wake up in the night because of weird noises I walk down the stairs with my Umarex HDP pepper balls and calibre .50 nylon impact rounds.
Ask the owner of that dog dumping a Poop every night right in front of my door and never picked up by his owner. I walked out the door with my Ruger and he picked up the poop with his bare hands. I didn’t even say a word or asked anything.
Woo hooo! God bless [insert country of origin].
I live in the UK where only the criminals are allowed guns.
And my friend.... you could have an Apache attack heli....it only takes for him to fire first and your Mrs will be wiping your brains off the wall with rubber gloves and chorox.
You know it and I know it.

Very true.

I am beginning to wonder why you have joined the forum. You appear to be more disposed to ranting than T6 stuff - you should be able to join a forum better suited to your keyboard skills.
Well im always available if you've got a question about camper building.
25 years of building campers speaks for itself and im certainly not here fir your approval or to impress you sir.
You don't like what I have to say....dont read it.
Bit like school playgrounds aren't they forums, face needs to fit? There's always someone with a snide comment.
Water off a ducks back over here son. You crack on though.... sure someone will thumbs up!

Well im always available if you've got a question about camper building.
25 years of building campers speaks for itself and im certainly not here fir your approval or to impress you sir.
You don't like what I have to say....dont read it.
Bit like school playgrounds aren't they forums, face needs to fit? There's always someone with a snide comment.
Water off a ducks back over here son. You crack on though.... sure someone will thumbs up!
You're just too exciting for us.

Well... you dont have to read my comments do ya mate. Seems theres a few in the clique here like to scour the message boards looking to assert themselves
... like babbies in a playground eh.
You're wasting your time with me sweetheart, im sure there's newer members to pick on. Might even be some women to have a pop at eh big lad

You're just too exciting for us.
"Us"..... your little gang?
Aww.... sorry to come wading in spoiling your days boys....
I'll take some pictures of my van begore and after I've washed it....would that be more your level?

Have you had an account on here before? because the posts are in a similar vein to someone who was banned
No my friend.
Generally don't bother with forums. They're like breeding grounds for playground bullies. Insecure middle aged men who don't like new faces.

Woo hooo! God bless [insert country of origin].
I live in the UK where only the criminals are allowed guns.
And my friend.... you could have an Apache attack heli....it only takes for him to fire first and your Mrs will be wiping your brains off the wall with rubber gloves and chorox.
You know it and I know it.
Except you wouldn't know it. You wouldn't care as you'd be dead. So what is there to worry anyway?

On-line rants like this can't be good for you and I dread to think about the stuff you're bottling
Dont read them then ya donkey. What else can I say to that?
What are you?
Except you wouldn't know it. You wouldn't care as you'd be dead. So what is there to worry anyway?
Exactly.
Well.... here's to getting shot in the face! (Raises glass) CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back