T32 4Mo T6 - Coilovers with Taycan 20" aero wheels (11J rears)?

FALLAN

Hi all.

I'm aware suspension vs wheels/tyres is asked to death. I've spent hours using search functions - can't see any reference to people having used these wheels.

I've a T6 T32 4Mo which is having Eibach Coilovers fitted. It's a usually empty SWB version, but tow a Brian James car trailer at times - i'm really keen on the Taycan 20" wheels - OE spec for these is as follows;

9 J x 20 RO 54 with 245/45 R20 103V XL tires, Rear axle: 11 J x 20 RO 60 with 285/40 R20 108V XL tires.

(I know that the OE spec tyres will not be able to be used on the van)

I'll obviously need the 5x120 to 5x130 adapters - I've seen some available at 20mm and some at 25mm.

The eibach coilovers aren't too low, my question really is around whether people think/have experienced fitting 11J wheels at the rear, the wheels in question are ET60 offset, coupled with the 20/25mm spacers... would a 275/35 tyre be compatible without arch lip/iner arch liner contact? (i know it wouldn't be a 103+ load rated tyre)

Interested to hear people's thoughts and experience.... (someone suggested using two pairs of the 9J fronts but it may be a difficult task to find them)

Thanks

I ran 10j et23 with 275 width and - 50mm on the rear with no issues so your 11j, et40 and 285 width would be pretty similar.
Caveat being actual tyre width varies quite a bit between manufacturers so may need further verification.

I ran 10j et23 with 275 width and - 50mm on the rear with no issues so your 11j, et40 and 285 width would be pretty similar.
Caveat being actual tyre width varies quite a bit between manufacturers so may need further verification.
Thanks for taking the time to give some insight. That is settling to hear. I’d probably opt for 275’s if it’s possible to lessen the risk of catching with 285’s

Back