STOLEN T6 !!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with that. I sent my V5 to DVLA over 2 months ago for the weight to be uprated (2800 Kg to 3000Kg) and they're still sitting on it. I phoned to ask what was going on and whilst they did confirm that they had received it (which I knew already as it was mailed 'Signed For), they also said that they couldn't put a forecast on the turn around time and I just had to wait. What pees me off is that I also sent my passport off for renewal to Newport at around the same time and had the new one in my hands in 8 days. Both agencies are based in Wales, albeit different places.
I really, really irritated my (English) wife with my (Irish) passport renewal! 10pm on a Wed evening I had her take a pic of me on my phone against the kitchen wall, (cue Sid James snigger,) filled in details online and new passport arrived in Monday’s post from Ireland. Oh, that day was full of “all that’s wrong in this country”, “piss-up and brewery” type mutterings!!!

Good luck with that. I sent my V5 to DVLA over 2 months ago for the weight to be uprated (2800 Kg to 3000Kg) and they're still sitting on it. I phoned to ask what was going on and whilst they did confirm that they had received it (which I knew already as it was mailed 'Signed For), they also said that they couldn't put a forecast on the turn around time and I just had to wait. What pees me off is that I also sent my passport off for renewal to Newport at around the same time and had the new one in my hands in 8 days. Both agencies are based in Wales, albeit different places.
I spoke with them today and they said I had to do it via post. Told them straight out that I didn’t trust them with my paperwork. They wheeled out the “COVID” excuse....I so wanted to vent but bit my tongue! (It would have been along the lines of “let me tell you what I do for a living, sunshine!”) I even told them what transaction is stuck in their systems that is blocking the online transfer and where to raise the ticket to get the transaction resolved...how to escalate it, if needed. The response: I can send you a link to the complaints procedure?!!!

I spoke with them today and they said I had to do it via post. Told them straight out that I didn’t trust them with my paperwork. They wheeled out the “COVID” excuse....I so wanted to vent but bit my tongue! (It would have been along the lines of “let me tell you what I do for a living, sunshine!”) I even told them what transaction is stuck in their systems that is blocking the online transfer and where to raise the ticket to get the transaction resolved...how to escalate it, if needed. The response: I can send you a link to the complaints procedure?!!!
Call them again and ask if an authenticated copy of the V5C will be OK to send. If so any motor club listed in the DVLA booklet V765/1 is authorised by them to provide authenticated copies of official documents. That doesn't mean that all clubs will do it for you and there may be a charge but it's worth a try.
If the DVLA say that it's permissible and you can't find a local club to do it for you give me a call, I'm listed in the V765/1 booklet under Historic Volkswagen Club and I'll see what I can do for you.

Call them again and ask if an authenticated copy of the V5C will be OK to send. If so any motor club listed in the DVLA booklet V765/1 is authorised by them to provide authenticated copies of official documents. That doesn't mean that all clubs will do it for you and there may be a charge but it's worth a try.
If the DVLA say that it's permissible and you can't find a local club to do it for you give me a call, I'm listed in the V765/1 booklet under Historic Volkswagen Club and I'll see what I can do for you.
Thank you! Really appreciate the thought and the offer! I will PM you if I need your help

not quite the same but there was a period a few years back when renewing driving license was like playing Russian roulette with your entitlements... many motorcyclists "lost" their motorcycle entitlement and the DVLA wouldn't budge even when shown test pass certificates. I seem to remember a story in one of the mags at the time where a motorbike cop had his entitlement disappear!

Back then it was recommended that, before sending documentation to DVLA, you went to a Notary Public to have it notarised. I never did it myself so I'm not sure what that entails and how much it's likely to cost but this sounds like another DVLA system screw-up brewing that could cost a number of people money and hassle.

My V5 shows Euro Status as "EURO 6 DG"

not quite the same but there was a period a few years back when renewing driving license was like playing Russian roulette with your entitlements... many motorcyclists "lost" their motorcycle entitlement and the DVLA wouldn't budge even when shown test pass certificates. I seem to remember a story in one of the mags at the time where a motorbike cop had his entitlement disappear!

Back then it was recommended that, before sending documentation to DVLA, you went to a Notary Public to have it notarised. I never did it myself so I'm not sure what that entails and how much it's likely to cost but this sounds like another DVLA system screw-up brewing that could cost a number of people money and hassle.

My V5 shows Euro Status as "EURO 6 DG"
This could be a standard thing. I’ve heard of lost entitlements too. We will be forced to take a separate towing test too like new drivers are today!

Is it picking up the right vehicle. My private plate which is on my van for 3 years almost still sometimes comes up as a Volvo T5 which I sold in 2005 and the plate was on 2 discoveries after that. Is the database actually showing the correct vehicle?

I just checked mine with a private plate:
Nothing on my V5C
nothing on the DVLA vehicle check
But ULEZ is green, nothing to pay.
No ULEZ charge due for this vehicle

I have been looking at mine and have noticed the euro status is now blank after a plate change, Did anyone get anywhere with this ?

Strange in my V5C I have this:

Euro status: EURO 6 Cl

However it says I need to pay the ULEZ charge:
Screenshot 2021-11-06 at 15.25.03.png

I got nowhere with it! However, I did keep a copy of my old V5 on old plate (which shows ULEZ exempt) and my new V5 with exemption missing! TfL says I pay if I check online! Luckily, I don’t drive in London! But, I reckon I will have to argue a charge if I get one - armed with dodgy paperwork!!!

I got nowhere with it! However, I did keep a copy of my old V5 on old plate (which shows ULEZ exempt) and my new V5 with exemption missing! TfL says I pay if I check online! Luckily, I don’t drive in London! But, I reckon I will have to argue a charge if I get one - armed with dodgy paperwork!!!
Both my V5C (before and after I put private plate) have the same Euro 6 Cl marked on it. SO the markings on the V5C dont seem to make any difference.

It will be interesting to see if anyone gets a charge and successfully gets it dropped. I don't drive in London either.

Both my V5C (before and after I put private plate) have the same Euro 6 Cl marked on it. SO the markings on the V5C dont seem to make any difference.

It will be interesting to see if anyone gets a charge and successfully gets it dropped. I don't drive in London either.
Try it with your old van reg.

I put a private plate on this year on a April 21 pv and just checked ulez and I have to pay congestion charge but no emissions charge.
I haven’t got the v5c at hand so got no clue what it states.
Does everyone have to pay congestion charge from 7.00 to 22.00 regardless of what van they drive?

Back