Your grill/bumper assembly may be one piece like mine is.
Check before you buy anything.
You cant separate the pieces. 20210503_174059.jpg

Definitely one piece so needs a painted bumper and then add the panels/grill etc after. Dont paint the textured bumper as people have already said, go dull and grey over time. I would say its prob cheaper buying new from vw then sprayed than the £1200+ vat or keep the commercial look with matching wheels

Hello...

I've just bought an ascot grey highline but want the black bumpers of a startline. Anyone interested in a swap or anyone selling any startline bumpers. It's for a tailgate.

I live in London but am collecting the van from Preston so lots of options for a meeting place

Thanks.

Quote Reply

Hello...

I've just bought an ascot grey highline but want the black bumpers of a startline. Anyone interested in a swap or anyone selling any startline bumpers. It's for a tailgate.

I live in London but am collecting the van from Preston so lots of options for a meeting place

Thanks.

Quote Reply
you could just wrap them black - not sure the standard black plastic bumpers have the cut outs for the fog lights etc. I think it will devalue the van

I have ascot grey van startline and looking for highline e bumper

Hi There,

Complete Newby to the community and Vans really. Picked up my partially converted T6- Startline T28 105BHP (95k miles) with pop-top, diesel heater, daybed/table/storage over the weekend for £19.5k (Think it was a fair price!?).

I'm looking to upgrade the bumpers to the Highline / Sportline look. Got a couple of Q's.

Should I buy highline front and rear bumpers, or should I get mine sanded and sprayed? Are they just the same bumper but one is painted and one is not? I don't have front fog lights, and I'm not too fussed about getting them. If I do buy highline bumpers (instead of sanding and spraying mine) do I need to buy non-fog light bumpers? Do they clip on okay? Anything to be aware of?

I'm also thinking of getting parking sensors/reversing camera for the back, should I get this sorted before I paint/get new rear bumper? Do I need any specific type of bumper?

Finally, what sort of money do you think I will pay to sand and spray mine vs buying some highline ones? If I do decide to spray mine do they last okay, and can the Sportline front splitter be fitted okay?

Thanks in advance guys!

Startline bumpers are a big single piece, whereas the colour coded ones have separate upper and lower grilles. The lower grilles have more slats in them too. You could just paint the appropriate parts of your current bumper, but you and many others with a keen eye would know it wasn't right.

Also, replacement gloss black grilles and coloured strips are only available for highline bumpers.

Foglights fix into the highline bumpers and have a trim that covers the appature. It has a hole in it for fog lights, or a blank one if you don't have any. I believe you have to cut the holes in the startline bumper to fit fog lights.

Yes. Straight swap.

Just be mindful that barn door and tailgate models have different rear bumpers when searching for replacements.

Thanks chap, much appreciated.

Overall you'd suggest just getting the Highline update then and adding sportline lower bumper at a later date? Do you think it would work out similar cost

Hi guys I am looking to upgrade my standard black startline bumpers for colour coded bumpers (candy white )
Any ideas where to start looking as I don’t seem to find many in good condition on marketplace or eBay ?
Can I go highline bumpers ?
I know I can go t6.1 conversion but not cheap as wings etc need changing

Thanks for your help

Hi, Startline bumpers have the front grille built into the bumper - they are one piece.

Highline bumpers have a separate front grille.

You can absolutely fit Highline front and rear bumpers to a Startline van and this is recommended as they come factory painted so either buy a Candy white one or get it sprayed. It will be a better finish than a sprayed Startline bumper that is textured plastic from the factory.

You just need to buy a grille too.

Lots are now wanting the startline bumper for the swamper look but I want to go highline
I’m Shropshire based if anyone wants to do a swap

Back